Why is my nose wonky and what's the cheapest best way to fix this? (photos)

I not sure what it is exactly but my nose looks assymetrical. I've looked at pictures of when I was younger and it was symmetrical. Also when Im in pictures my nose looks really bumpy and pointy. It's makes me very self conscious. What could I do to improve the appearance of my nose?

Doctor Answers 5

Nose shaping options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are two main ways of shaping a nose:  surgical vs non-surgical rhinoplasty.  Non-surgical rhinoplasty will be the least expensive way to shape your nose but it is not a permanent solutions and somethings cannot be done with a surgical rhinoplasty.  Regardless of which route you end up choosing I would meet with a plastic surgeon that can offer your both methods and discuss the pros and cons of each method.

Good luck on your nose-shaping journey.

All the best,

Dr. Remus Repta

Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 173 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to make your nose less pointy and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 173 reviews

Fixing My "Wonky" Nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Unfortunately surgery will be necessary to improve your wide "wonky" nose. Consult with a rhinoplasty specialist so you achieve a natural result.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Rhinoplasty candidate

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A surgical rhinoplasty is required to make permanent changes to the nose. It's also very important to have specific goals in mind about what you would like to accomplish with a surgical procedure. The bridge line can be narrowed, the tip can be refined, and the projection of the nose decreased with a surgical rhinoplasty. Digital computer imaging  performed in the office  would be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with your nose upon your facial features. For more information and many examples of surgical rhinoplasty, please see the link and video below

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 157 reviews

Why is my nose wonky and what's the cheapest best way to fix this?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question!

In a simple answer, a Rhinoplasty is the approach I would suggest. However, if you are looking for a more specific answer, we suggest an open Rhinoplasty that way we can address the issues of your nose such as the Dorsal hump and the tip of your nose, because we need to make sure they're proportional and make sure the tip of your nose is not projected too high, This is because, if it does it can result in a pig-looking nose, so we would need to address that and make sure these two are proportional for the results you might be looking for.

Please visit a board certified plastic surgeon for further advice and the best, safest results.

Good luck!

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.