I am 28 about 5'7 or 5'8 and 226 pounds I want the BBL how much should I lose before surgery

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for your question. I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. Your BMI is around 35 so I would recommend getting it down to at least 30. It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Ideal weight for BBL

This is a common question.

The ideal body weight for BBL would be less than 30 BMI.   Your current BMI is 35.4 and you would need to get your weight down to 190 pounds with your height at 5'7". 

I wish you well through your surgery and recovery process,
James S McAdoo DO FACOS

•  20 years experience
  • 33,000 operations
  • AOA board-certified plastic surgeon

You want to lose weight to get to a healthier BMI. It is probably safer if your BMI was under 30....