Would I be a good candidate for cool sculpting or some type of Lipo? I'm 126 pounds, 5'4" 21.40 BMI. (photos)

I've been contemplating doing this for years & finally decided I would like to do something to get rid of my "pooch" I've read some horror stories about how slender girls don't get good results from smart lipo, possibly from the physician themselves. So my question is, should I undergo cool sculpting I keep hearing raves about or consider smart lipo, liquid lipo or some sort?

Coolsculpting or Liposuction

You would be an excellent candidate for Coolsculpting or any of the forms of liposuction that you mention. You have very localized fat which makes you an excellent candidate for fat removal. 
Coolscupting will take off about 20% of the fat per session . Liposuction can do it in one session but is, of course, invasive. I note that you have stretch marks over your hips. In patients with poor tissue tone due to excessive stretch marks, the skin may not retract well after fat removal. Your skin otherwise looks great and I think that you can expect great results with any of the methods.

Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
You would be a great candidate for coolsculpting or liposuction. 

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolculpting for the Abdomen

Thank you for posting your photos. Because you have an isolated abdominal area, and seem to be the perfect candidate for coolsculpting.  The choice between lipo is based on whether you would want a surgical versus a nonsurgical procedure.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is experienced with coolsculpting for the best advice.

Coolsculpting versus liposuction

Thank you for your question and sharing your photos.  Based on the photos, I do think you would get a great result from either Coolsculpting or liposuction.  I would recommend going to a provider that offers both options. 
Another option that would provide even greater results would be a mini-tummy tuck with liposuction as this would remove about a third to half the skin between the navel and the incision and providing the best option to produce a flat abdomen.

CoolSculpting versus LipoContouring

Dear kaykay24:

Thanks for sharing your photos! You appear to be a terrific candidate for CoolSculpting (CS). Please obtain a consultation with a Certified CoolSculpting (CS) Specialist. While there is not a lot to go wrong, you must be properly evaluated to see if your desires will be met and it you skin can tolerate the machine. 

I do notice some asymmetry or curvature along your trunk. This may change the positioning of the applicators and the final result.

CS is tried and true but is limited unless a series of sessions are performed to achieve a "Treatment to Transformation." You may be a better candidate for lipocontouring. Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Good luck with this!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting or Liposuction

• Hello, and thank you for your questions as well as your photos. Based on your photos I do believe you should be a good candidate for potential cool sculpting. The concern is sure skin the quality. If you currently had some loose sagging skin it may not be improved, we currently offer both cool sculpting as well as a vaser liposuction. I have used many liposuction devices and have found that we've gotten our best results with the VASER device. I would recommend him seek out a qualified board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss. In addition to those options you may also consider a minimally invasive procedure to do both liposuction as well as removed a little bit of the skin if your unhappy with the loose sagging skin. All of this can be discussed with a qualified board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

John J. O'Brien, Jr., MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Would I be a good candidate for Coolsculpting?

You appear to have only a very focal area of lower abdominal fatty tissue without excessive skin laxity. This would qualify you as a good candidate for Coolsculpting. You could expect approximately 20-25% fatty volume reduction per treatment. To get the best results you may consider 2 treatments. The final results will be visible after approximately 2 months from each treatment. Best of luck.

CoolSculpting Belly Pooch

Hi Kay Kay. Looking at your pictures you would be a suitable candidate for CoolSculpting to your belly. You can expect a 20-25% reduction in fat with each treatment. You will most likely need at least 2 treatments to see the best results. Make sure you find an experienced physician provider for the treatment. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting

coolsculpting selectively freezes fat cells to induce programmed cell death. It has been FDA cleared to treat the abdomen and flanks. You may be a good candidate for this procedure, especially if you can pinch the fatty tissue and pull it away from your body. You would benefit from an in person evaluation.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon