Should I get a chin implant &/or jaw reconstruction? Also considering rhinoplasty! (Photos)

My face is unsymmetrical I have such an uneven smile. I like my left side better because my smile extends to my chin where my right side doesn't. My ortho told me about a chin implant. I notice mines not as defined as I'd like or compared to other people. Also envied the squared off jaw vs looking like a villain. Obviously my nose was going to come into play at sometime, all 3 of these insecurities combined don't compliment each other well What's the safest route? How do I even start?

Should I get a chin implant &/or jaw reconstruction? Also considering rhinoplasty!

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Your photos show a weakness in one side of the lower lip which is a relative weakness of the muscle that pulls down the lower lip.  There's nothing to be done about that asymmetry. Your nose has a slight dorsal hump, is a bit wide along the bridge and tip...all of which can be thinned and refined with a Rhinoplasty.  I see no reason for aggressive jaw surgery from these photos however your cheeks are flat in the front which makes the face appear elongated.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

Hope this helps.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant combination

The photographs demonstrate an overly projecting nose with the dorsal hump, along with a weak and recessive chin profile.  A Closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making the required changes to the nose such as decreasing the projection, shaving down the dorsal hump, and refining the nasal tip With all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Placement of a small chin implant can be accomplished through an incision underneath the chin to give added projection. Performing a chin implant will help a facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the overly projected nose. both procedures can be performed together under general anesthesia as an outpatient surgical procedure. For more information and many examples of this combination, please see the link and the video below

Chin Augmentation vs Jaw Reconstruction

The place to start is to have some computer imaging done for all of the procedures you are considering and sees what looks best to you. Yo do have a major underdeveloped jaw and possible malocclusion. This should be worked up by an orthodontist to see if jaw surgery may be indicated. Your nose appears bigger than it is because of the jaw deficiency. The jaw and not your nose should be your focus for now. If jaw surgery is not indicated then a sliding genioplasty instead of a chin implant would be better for you.