Rhinoplasty and Ear Size Reduction Surgery? (Photos)

I know these surgeries have various styles and ways to go about performing them. Whether it be closed or open. Fat grafting etc. So to describe my nose id say its very bulbous. I can't breathe through a nostril sometimes which sucks. Its thick skinned and dorsal humped. My ears are pointy and large and restricts me for wearing certain hairstyles. I wanna reduce the top portion of my ear wear the pointiness is as well as the large overall size comes from. I want my nose more defined and straight.

Rhinoplasty and possible ear pinning

Thank you for your question. I believe a rhinoplasty (open or closed depends on an actual physical exam) will address the dorsal hump. You did not provide a frontal view where the width of your nose can be appreciated nor the extent of prominence of your ears. Please consider re-posting your question with a frontal pic or seek an in person consult with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon. Most of us provide complimentary consults when you mention this site. I happen to have an office in Lake Jackson. I hope this helps. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Nasal and ear surgery

From the photos you supplied it does appear you would be a good candidate for nasal aesthetic and nasal surgery to improve your breathing(based on your complaint of nasal obstruction); however you certainly need to be evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon experienced in these procedures who can help you decide what procedures are needed.  You can be image simulated at that time to get an idea of how your nose and ear would look if you decide on correction.  New imaging techniques in our office include 3D imaging.

Hope this answer helps you determine what is best for you.

Bradford S. Patt, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and ear size reduction surgery

The ears can be folded back  closer against the head so they are not as prominent.  This is called an otoplasty procedure.  A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplished shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge line, and refining the bulbous tip with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  A septoplasty may be required to improve airflow dynamics through the nose as well.  A thorough internal examination of the nose is required to make that determination.  For more information about otoplasty and rhinoplasty along with many before and after examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty & Otoplasty

Since you seem to have a really good idea of what you want, it is time for you to be examined in person to determine what, exactly, is possible given your anatomy. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss a functional/cosmetic rhinoplasty to improve appearance and breathing as well as an otoplasty to reduce the size of your ears.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Better to evaluate in person

• Thanks for the question.  From your pictures, I would recommend lowering your dorsum and fixing your septum if blocking your airway.  I would also consider spreader grafts which will keep your airway open.  As for your ears, they would best be evaluated in person.  Best of luck!

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  I would need to evaluate your ears in person to make accurate advice.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nose and Ears

An open rhinoplasty and scaphal flap ear reduction surgery is what you seek. Be aware that the amount of nasal reduction you are showing is not possible or even advised if it were. Such a significant reduction would negatively  impact your breathing. You need to have computer imaging done of your rhinoplasty to show what is realistically possible.

Nose and ear surgery

I don't see a question in your paragraph of "wants".  It sounds like you need to see a good plastic surgeon who can examine you and tell you how an otoplasty can reshape your ears into what you want and a reduction rhinoplasty and possible functional nasal surgery to get rid of your dorsal hump and improve your breathing.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon