Ptosis? Swollen looking eye? Feels weak and unnatural when I blink compared to my healthy looking eye. (photos)

Ive always had symetrical looking eyes. But I got a stye. I put ice on it for whatever reason and think i either may have injured my eyelid nerves by poking around or the stye caused this permanently. Went to docs they said use heated tea bags which i did and thankfully it got rid of the stye. However this never went away its been 3 weeks. When i blink with my affected eye it feels unnatural abit harder not second nature like my other one. Do i need surgery? Or any non surgical things i can do.

You should consult with an oculoplastic surgeon to have this assessed.

The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a regional directory of surgeons on their website that can help you identify a highly qualified surgeon close to where you live.

Ptosis after a Stye

Sometimes a stye can cause a mechanical ptosis on the affected side.  I would have an evaluation by an oculoplastic surgeon.  The stye needs to be fully treated, which may involve drainage or injection of medication.  And then the ptosis can take several months to resolve.

Jessica Lattman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon