I had a lip lift procedure and I have been picking at the incision site?

I have been picking the area nonstop. The second I realized that I didn't get the results I wanted was when I started not caring about the post-op care. I didn't even go to the post-op appointment. The area is starting to burn a lot. When will it stop burning?

Lip lift - picking at the incision.

Thank you for asking about your lip lift.

• You truly cannot tell your final result of a lip lift right away.
  • You sound as though there are psychological issues that make you angry with yourself and mean to yourself.
  • Please - you have done nothing wrong and you deserve a nice scar, good care and a revision if needed to get the result you want!
  • So take a breath, put a little vaseline over the incisions and go right on in to have your surgeon check you!
  • And finding find a friend, counselor or even therapist to help you find ways to be good to yourself will be a first step to not being a picker!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS