I had a lip lift procedure and I have been picking at the incision site?
Doctor Answers 1
Lip lift - picking at the incision.
Thank you for asking about your lip lift.
- You truly cannot tell your final result of a lip lift right away.
- You sound as though there are psychological issues that make you angry with yourself and mean to yourself.
- Please - you have done nothing wrong and you deserve a nice scar, good care and a revision if needed to get the result you want!
- So take a breath, put a little vaseline over the incisions and go right on in to have your surgeon check you!
- And finding find a friend, counselor or even therapist to help you find ways to be good to yourself will be a first step to not being a picker!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.