Candidate for lower face & brow lift? (Photo)

Just wanted some opinions while seriously contemplating a plastic surgeon suggested brow lift and lower face lift (because of my jowels). Also contemplating fat injections in cheek area. Pics are before I originally had blepharoplasty & chin tuck 11/2012 and recent. Your thoughts on me needing the brow lift, lower face list & fat transfer injections vs. filler in cheek area at about to reach 52 yrs of age. Thank You!

Facial contouring with face/neck lift and fat grafting

You have a nice result after blepharoplasty. If you are considering further facial rejuvenation to keep youthful, natural, healthy look, face and neck lift as well as selective augmentation of cheeks, around eyes/brows with fat grafts is an excellent idea. Although you do not demonstrate significant signs of aging, doing face/neck lift in this stage would provide natural, long lasting results for many years. In your case there is no much difference between lower face/neck lift vs. full facelift; I would suggest full face and neck lift with fat grafts. I do not think that you need a brow lift; Botox will keep you in a good shape for many years.

You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial rejuvenation and fat grafting and discuss your options. Good luck. 

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation options

Thank you for your photo. On front view, i do see that you have some volume loss in your anterior cheeks, the area below the lower eyelids and you do have mild to moderate jowling. I Cannot see the neck or evaluate the extent of neck banding. 

At the very least, you would benefit from some type of facelift to contour the neck and jawline and improve your jowl area. The type of facelift will depend on what we see on examination and the amount of skin excess that is present. For the volume loss, you would do great with volume replacement either with a facial fat transfer or temporary injectables. I do not see that you would benefit extensively from a browlift as your brows are in good position. 

The only other procedure I would suggest would be to under laser skin resurfacing. This would improve your overall skin tone and texture and would minimize the fine lines and wrinkles on the skin. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Brow lift/Lower Face lift?--VASER lipo for Neck/Jowels--Facial Aging and Lasers, Ultherapy,Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Fat Inject

VASER Liposuction of the neck and jowls is fantastic for contouring and shaping. I find that a combination of lasers or RF, sculptra/PRP, microneedling and skin care help skin rejuvenation and aging.  Please see a cosmetic dermatologist for a long term treatment plan. If you want surgical options you are a candidate. Best, Dr. Emer.

Candidate for lower face & brow lift?

Based on your photos, I would not recommend a brow lift.  You would benefit from a facelift to address the lower face and neck. i would not add fat to your cheeks, although cheek implants would give you a pleasing cosmetic result.    Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experienced in a natural facelift.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Thoughts on me needing the brow lift, lower face list & fat transfer injections vs. filler in cheek area at 52 yrs old.

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts.  From the photos your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front),there is excess fat around the cheeks and jowls are present.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.  The eyebrows do "not" appear to be in a low position which means a Brow Lift wouldn't be indicated.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Despite its recent popularity, fat transfer (injections) are far less reliable at creating a predictable shape and for that reason I don't use fat for shaping the cheeks, chin or jaw line. 

"Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.