Can I get Rhinoplasty to make my nose the desired shape? What is the price range for such surgery? (photos)

My nose is very wide and I feel as if I don't have enough of a nasal bridge. I want to have a petite nose, and am hoping rhinoplasty will correct it. I have an ident on the part between my nostrils which I am quite insecure about. I have included pictures of my desired nose shape as well. I want to narrow my nose as well and possibly make my nostrils not as big. Any way I can get desired results?

Hi there, thanks for the questions.   A rhinoplasty surgery can typically address all of your concerns.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience with the rhinoplasty procedure.  At the consult, bring your photos of what your expectations are.   Your surgeon can examine your nose and discuss the surgical plan to be sure your expectations are realistic.  I like to use Vectra Imaging to give my patients an idea of what I think I can accomplish for them.  Good luck!

Dr. Michelle Spring

Can I get Rhinoplasty to make my nose the desired shape? What is the price range for such surgery?

Hello! Thank you for the question and photos. I believe that a rhinoplasty would certainly be a nice option for you in order to meet your goals and give better harmony to your face. The middle third of your face is dominated by your nose and some refinements made to create an aesthetically-pleasing nose for you and accentuate your periorbital region and cheeks/eyes.

Without an examination, it is difficult to give recommendations. However, refinement of the nasal tip and dorsum of your nose are techniques that I would suggest, given your photos.  Working on the tip of your nose would be most suited to meeting your desires and creating an appearance that you describe.  Shortening of your nose with upturning of the tip would also improve the appearance and likely meet your goals,  Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Rhinoplasty Options

I can see several things that I think you would want changed.  All of the changes I see are well accomplished with the rhinoplasty techniques we use.  I like the photos you have sent of the "ideal" nose you would like.  We also do 3D imaging to simulate what we are trying to accomplish with surgery during our consultation.  I hope you get a chance to look at our website and see some of the before-and-after pictures in our gallery.  Good luck in your journey.  Please let me know if we can help.

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear Insecurefemale, You should be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery and your desired results should be attainable in expert hands. I would suggest that during consultation you have digital imaging performed to show you the realistic proposed results taking into consideration your nasal anatomy and skin thickness. Once the desired result is agreed upon review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure the surgeons expertise and that he/she performs natural looking rhinoplasty results. After these steps are taken you will be able to make a very informed decision regarding the possibilities of rhinoplasty surgery. Costs will vary from area to area and surgeon to surgeon. Personally I run a spotlight special offer for real self patients that is on my profile page. See the video above and the link below for examples of rhinoplasty before and afters. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Possible rhinoplasty results

Yes, your nose can be slimmed and refined. However, the photo you've provided pinching your tip and nostrils is not something that should be done. This will result in severe nasal obstruction and an unnatural look. However, there is a lot that can be achieved with rhinoplasty to give you a pretty nose that makes you feel more confident about your appearance. Best. 

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty with natural results--not the nose job look.

Rhinoplasty with natural results--not the nose job look can be achieved if you see several experienced rhinoplasty surgeons and choose one that does the type of nose YOU like. Look at the surgeons work on noses like yours. The cost varies according to time but is $6-7000.

Rhinoplasty Expectations

Reducing and refining your nasal tip and augmenting your bridge will give you a natural balance result. In the pictures your skin does appear thicker than in your examples which could limit the definition but that can be determined before surgery. I encourage you to find an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon; significant improvement can be achieved.