Can a vaginoplasty be performed on a young woman who has never given birth?

I am 21 years old. I have had 2 sex partners, with both telling me that I was "loose." Upon measuring myself, I find that a 3 finger width fits extremely easily. Am I a canidate for vaginoplasty?

Your partners aren't very tactful

and perhaps they are just not endowed enough for you.  Regardless, you can tighten your canal with Kegel exercises (simple to do and easy to get through on-line search) and if you do have toys that are extra large, you may want to consider downsizing to more realistic dimensions.  At your age and history, surgery is the last thing I would even think about and even if thought about, would never recommend it to you.  As for your partners, you should consider finding more compassionate and loving lovers as they just don't get it and its always going to be about them.

Is my vagina too loose?

Its possible for women who have never had children to have too much laxity in their vagina as it relates to sexual activity.  This may be related to having a partner with a small penis or it may just be genetics of how your body is shaped.  I have also seen patients who had a history of a partner with a large penis which made her feel loose with future partners.  A woman who experiences this can be evaluated for vaginoplasty.  There are non surgical tecnhiques to tighten a woman such as a thermiva.  You can also build your musculature with Kegel exercises.  

If you have surgery you may want to consider c section when you have a baby.

Vaginal Rejuvanation For Young Women Prior to Childbearing

Candidates of #VaginalRejuvenation or #Vaginoplasty surgery are women who desire a more youthful appearance and function of the vulva and vaginal area. For some women, the effects of childbirth, aging, trauma, and/or genetics, causes their vaginal tissue and muscles to become stretched, which results in loss of strength and tone in the vaginal area. This may result in decreased intimacy and sexual satisfaction. In some cases, the laxity of tissues can be visible.
Vaginoplasty can also be carried down to the area below the vulva and above the anus, the perineum.This area may be irregular from childbirth or previous trauma. It can be corrected with excision and closure to further enhance the region.
If necessary, this may be combined with a #Labiaplasty which is a surgical procedure that will reduce and/or reshape the #labia. Labia minora are the inner lips of the vagina that cover the female clitoris and vaginal opening. Women with excessively large labia may experience pain during sexual relations, feel discomfort during normal activities or while wearing tight clothing. Or, the labia may be asymmetric or may #hang below the labia majora (the outer lips of the vagina) which some women find this unattractive. At times the outer labia or labia majora may also be excessively large, uneven, or may be too small. The size may be increased with fat injections.

The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your in-person one-on-one consultation. However, if one is planning on growing their family, it may be best to postpone any of the procedures until after. Certainly there isn't any harm in undergoing vaginal rejuvenation prior to childbirth. Nevertheless, the birthing process(es) may negate some of the results of the rejuvenation, unless a C-section is involved, of course. Therefore, postponing the procedure(s) until after bearing children may be a better decision for some women.

Can a young woman who has never given birth have vaginoplasty?

Thank you for sharing with us and I'm sorry you had to partners be so rude. I would not recommend starting with a vaginal tightening surgery  but would recommend starting with a non-surgical vaginal  tightening procedure such as the Femilift.    This procedure will help tighten the canal of your vagina  without any downtime or pain. Best of luck

Vaginoplasty with no children?

Hi, yes vaginoplasty can be completed on younger women that have not had children, however secondary to your age I would be very, very careful prior to actually having a surgical procedure. Vaginal laxity can be secondary to having children, trauma from childbirth, congenital issues w/ weak tissues in the pelvic floor and/or pelvic floor muscle dysfunction. I would strongly recommend a consultation with a Board Certified Urogynecologist (Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgeon) that also specializes in cosmetic vaginal surgery. Many Urogyn's do not do cosmetic vaginal surgery, therefore you should find one that does and has experience with vaginal rejuvenation for sexual function. First steps prior to surgery is an exam/consultation and you may also want to try pelvic floor exercises (kegels), vaginal weights, pelvic floor physical therapy or a non-surgical option such as Thermi-Va prior to embarking on surgical rejuvenation.

Best of Luck to you,

Dr Robert D Moore
Urogynecologist/Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon

Atlanta - Dubai - Beverly Hills 

Robert D. Moore, DO
Atlanta Urogynecologist

Dear BibbityBobbityBoo,

Thank you for writing in with your question.  Vaginoplasty can be performed on women who have not had children who experience decreased sensation with sex, or other symptoms related to a stretched or relaxed vaginal canal.  This can occur because of large weight gain and loss, chronic straining with constipation, having had anal sex which can damage the wall between the vagina and rectum, chronic heavy lifting, or from putting large objects in the vagina, among other reasons.  It doesn't sound like you have put more than 2 penises in your vagina, and relative to your anatomy, they may have been small.  Some women have wider pelvic bones (childbearing hips) and surgery will not change this.  It is very important that any surgery you may do is done for you and your own pleasure and not for someone else's.  There are non-surgical options available for vaginal tightening as well including ThermiVa (uses radiofrequency) and laser procedures.

I recommend you see a gynecologist for a pelvic exam to see what your anatomy is like, and talking to a counsellor about your feelings will also be helpful.  It is unfortunate that partners make negative comments and women take them to heart instead of turning it around and realizing it is their issue and not yours.

I hope this information is helpful.

Dr. Troy Robbin Hailparn

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

Loose vagina in a 21 year old

Thank you for your question for which the short answer is YES, of course, a vaginoplasty CAN be performed in a young woman who has not had children. There are certain circumstances where this would be appropriate, but only following an evaluation by a reconstructive and cosmetic vaginal surgeon should you embark on this journey. There are several reasons why you may appear to be loose to yourself and your partners for which treatments do not include surgery. This all needs to be investigated by a consultation involving a detailed pelvic examination.
Below is a link with information on identifying a specialist who can help you.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Most of the time, unless you are quite overweight, women who have never had vaginal births are not candidates for vaginoplasty procedures. I would recommend you do Kegel exercises to strengthen your vaginal muscles before you do any surgery. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

"...Before the time is never the time..."

Well said, Marco!! I attended the same meeting, and I echo your sage words. Female genital plastic/cosmetic surgery is for the woman only, and should not be performed secondary to remarks from a sexual partner, especially a young sexual partner. And I echo Dr. Miklos' remarks; I could say no better regarding penile size, work-up, and surgeon's experience.. But what about YOU?? My opinion would be for you you make an appointment for a visit or 3 with an experienced sexual medicine practitioner/therapist, just to spend time mulling over your feelings about the issue, and truly what you wish for YOU, for yourself. GIve things time, and other sexual partners. As Francoise Sagan said,"...The time is the time. After the time is sometimes the time. Before the time is never the time."

That said, in my opinion (although there are certainly exceptions!), this is one of the potential applications of a non-invasive laser technique like FemiLift, which gently tightens the vaginal skin. You may enjoy the weblink below...

Michael P Goodman MD
Davis, CA, USA

Too loose at 21?

Though your very few evaluators describe you as "too loose," what is the objective opinion? You need to see an OBGYN to actually know whether this could be true. It would be SO unusual in my experience with 40+ years of exams, counseling etc. Seek an expert and file away your partners' comments--they are too emotionally charged. This is a "put-down" that may have some other basis. Surgery may not help and may make you too tight for someone else!