How long should one wait to take Advil?

I use advil for most aches and pains however have not taken any for over two months. I am 4 weeks post Mommy Make over. I do suffer from migrains time to time, and tylonal is simoly not helping my hurting head. I have very little swelling and my drains have been removed for two weeks now. Is it ok for me to take advil at this time? Thank you for your time.

When Is It Okay for Me to Take Advil after Mommy Makeover? #plasticsurgery #mommymakeover

• You should be just fine taking Advil 4 weeks after your mommy makeover. 
  • I actually allow my patients to begin taking Advil the day after their operation to help with pain control.
  • I find that it allows my patients to stop taking their narcotics (which have various side effects) sooner.

Mommy Makeover. When can I take Advil?

Thank you for your question.  Our office takes post operative pain management seriously.  Our current protocol includes a pain pump, (with numbing medicine), that will instill the numbing medicine in the area for the first three days after abdominoplasty.  Patients typically move off the pain medicine to Tylenol after a few days.  We try to avoid ibuprofen and aspirin products for a couple weeks post op.  Each patient has their own pain tolerance.  Best to talk to your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as each surgeon will approach the operation and the postoperative management differently. 

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover - Can I Take Advil?

Thanks for your question. At four weeks out after your mommy makeover, you should be fine taking Advil. I commonly advise my patients to begin taking Advil 5 - 7 days following surgery as it helps them transition off narcotic pain medications. Hope this helps.

Advil after plastic surgery

Thanks for your question.  At four weeks out after your mommy makeover, you should be able to take Advil.  I often advise my patients to restart aspirin or ibuprofen(advil) 2-3 days after surgery, facilitating the transition off narcotic pain medications.  Hope this helps!

Post op Advil

At 4 weeks, I think you are fine to take Advil. A lot of surgeons allow patients to start taking it the day after surgery so no worries. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Advil

Thanks for your inquiry.  Most patients should be able to have Advil that far out after sugery if they tolerated it before surgery.  I recommend you check in with yuor surgeon, good luck. 

How long should one wait to take Advil

After 4 weeks post-op you should be fine taking Advil ...but you should contact the office just to make sure is ok by the surgeon who performed your surgery. 

Sergio Alvarez, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Advil after a Mommy make over

Dear patient,

There is really no contraindication for you to take Advil, you should be just fine taking it.

Best regards,  Dr Urzola

Victor Urzola, MD
Costa Rica Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover meds

At 4 weeks, if you are doing well you should be able to take advil. Better than continuing a narcotic.I often allow my patients to start advil like drugs at 2-3 weeks. Good luck.

Advil after mommy makeover

Thanks for your question.  Every plastic surgeon will have their philosophy on this.  For a patient like you in my practice I would certainly allow them to start taking their Advil again by 4 weeks post-op.  Best of luck to you!  

Jeffrey G. Lind II, MD
The Woodlands General Surgeon