Lift or no lift? (Photo)

Hello. I have my breast augmentation scheduled for September with a board certified reputable doctor in Laguna beach. Durring my consultation he said he would recommend doing an implant and Areola resizing (donut lift). Do you think I need a full lift? I am okay with them not being super high up, but I don't want them to be saggy. I want to be able to not wear a bra and be ok. I am 5'5 125lbs. I am thinking of doing 375cc silicone high profile unders If I go bigger will I get less sag? Thanks

Lift or no lift?

Hi, 

Thank you for your question and photo.  Based on your photos alone, I think you can achieve a good result without a lift using the implants you suggested.  However, I think your results may be a little better if a circumareolar (donut) lift is done in conjunction to improve your shape and ptosis.  This can always be done on a secondary basis (at a later time) if you are still undecided.  I would bring your concerns to your doctor who may be able to give you simulations of what your results would look like with and without the lift. 

Hope this helps and best of luck to you! 

Sincerely,

Dr. Chung 

Puyallup Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Necessary?

Hello 'bulrich', thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, you appear to have more deflation issues rather than actual breast ptosis or sag.  If anything, you have something called pseudoptosis, which is where the nipples are where they should be at the inframammary fold (IMF), but you have some breast volume below the IMF.  I think volume enhancement with an augmentation should nicely fill in your volume deficiency.  One thing I will mention however is that you tend to have larger areolar diameters than average that will only expand with augmentation.  If this bothers you at all, then a concomitant donut lift will allow areolar resizing +/- a gentle lift if needed.  Good luck!

-Dr.92660

Hi Dear

Thanks for the question. You will probable need with a 375 cc Silicon not a full Lifting, bit in orden to have a nice shape You should go for a vertical scar result Lifting. Scars around nipple with time turns width.Have a great day! And a good decisión!!

Silvia Aviles Terrero, MD

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. You might consider seri strattice which is a mesh placed inside the breast to act as an internal bra. You will of course need to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. Breast of luck. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

To lift or not?

Thank you for your question.You may benefit from a lift, as it appears you have grade 1 ptosis. With this type of ptosis, you may or may not a breast lift, if you choose the right size implant. In patients who may not be keen of a lift, I offer to perform a breast augmentation first, then await 6 months for the implants to drop, and then decide if a lift is needed. Surprisingly, a majority of my patients have not needed a lift (and it save them the cost and the scars). I suggest against a donut lift, as it will really flatten your breasts and may leave you with wide, unattractive scars around the nipple areola. Best of luck to you...

Lift or no lift

Going bigger will allow less of  the implant to be under the muscle, something desired to reduce capsular contracture, and will not lift the breast tissue up. I think a lift will be required and long term I do not think you should expect to have a look like you are in a bra without wearing a bra. The breast tissue and implant will loosen in time and you will lose the initial perky look after an implant and lift done together. An implant alone will leave your breast mound where it is at present, and just make you larger.

Julio Garcia, MD

Donut lift

You may benefit from a breast lift but I would strongly advise against a donut or Benelli lift.  The resulting scars and areola size are unpredictable.  Consider doing a breast augmentation only and then deciding if a lift is really necessary based on the results of your augmentation.

Dr. Luong

Jacqueline Anne Luong, MD, FACS
Edina Plastic Surgeon

I despise Benelli lifts

and as your nipples appear to be at or above your fold and if your breasts are not real low on your chest, just do the augmentation.  And going with the largest you are comfortable with will help considerably with your results.  Lifts can always be done later but if you absolutely do not like your areolas as they are (oval), then the only way to change that is with a lift.  Lifts bring scars, risks, and costs that you may have been fine without so always best to augment first and decide later.

Curtis Wong, MD

Implants

Do not do a donut lift. Get your implants, and allow 3-6 months, then if you feel like you want or need a lift, have it done then. You may not need a lift, but regardless, do not get a donut lift.

Augmentation Mastopexy

You are not a good candidate for a donut lift. Given your breast size, degree of ptosis, and nipple-areolar complex position, you will probably have one or more of the long list of problems associated with this lift when applied to the wrong breast: persistent sagging, flattening of the breast mound, pleating around the areola, thickened and/or raised periareolar scars, wide areola, and off-round areola. 

Please be sure that this reputable surgeon you've chosen is ABPS certified and a member of the ASAPS who specializes in all aspects of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants. Your results, from breast shape, scar appearance, and durability of results will be superior with a full mastopexy. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS