Lift & implant, looking to explant; If I got donut lift plus implant, what would my outcome be if I decided to remove implant?

If I got a donut lift plus an implant ... What would my outcome be if I decided to remove implant

Remove implant - outcome

That is a difficult question to answer without an in person exam of your breasts or at minimum seeing pictures of what you look like.  Main thing to consider is if you have implant removal you might need a revision lift (depending on the size of the implant you choose and how much loose skin you would have if the implant was taken out).  Best of luck to you

Donut Lift

Your poetic description and lack of photos makes it impossible to understand anything.  Please re-post with photos and a more prose-like description of your history and the issues. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Removal of implant

Implant removal will decrease the volume of the breast most obviously in the region above the nipple. This is also where the natural breast loses volume as we age. The combination of removal and loss can be quite dramatic.

A lift must be designed based on the volume of the breast at the time of the lift. Removing the implant after the lift is done will alter the appearance of the breast significantly.

If you are serious about the implant removal it should be at the time of the lift. If you have saline implants these can be deflated preoperatively to give you an idea of what the breast volume is prior to surgery.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and help you make this important decision.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Donut Lift

Because a donut lift tends to flatten the breast, it is only used with an implant, otherwise the appearance would not be desirable. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Lift & implant, looking to explant; If I got donut lift plus implant, what would my outcome be if I decided to remove implant

That is a great question, however without photos, it is impossible to answer!  Best to have an in person evaluation.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lift and Implant Options

Thanks for reaching out with your question! Your options and outcome would be best assessed with an in person consultation with a local surgeon. I would be more than happy to see you, answer all of your questions and go over all of your options. Please feel free to message me with any further questions! Best of luck. Dr. K

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Explantation

Without photographs it is impossible to determine the results of your breast after explantation. Seek a breast revision specialist in your region. Review the site Implantremoval.net

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS