Will it heal normal? (Photo)

Hi I am 2 days post op implant and Benelli. I'm pretty bruised and the Doctor said the dents from the sutchers will heal. Does this look normal

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

Will it heal normally?

Hi Bulrich,

Thank you for your question and photo.  Without being able to see you in person and do a physical exam, it is impossible to be absolutely certain, but for being 2 days out from a Benelli-type lift, this appears completely within the realm of what is expected.  There is always quite a bit of bruising after this technique and the pleating/dents tend to smooth and even out over time as you heal.  

My best advice is to rest, relax, and allow your body to recover.  Also, please follow up with your surgeon as scheduled and contact them immediately if you continue to have concern.  At this early stage, it looks like you should have a great result when you heal!

Best wishes!

Daniel Brown, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Benelli Mastopexy

Unfortunately, it looks pretty normal, but it doesn't look good. Your breasts have poor skin elasticity and excess skin, and your surgeon tried to correct it with a circular excision, which leads to pleating among other things. In your case, the pleats look deep, and I question whether they will all flatten with time. You would have better been served with a more formal mastopexy, which is what will be performed in any revision surgery you have in the future. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Benelli lift

Your breast looks fairly normal considering the technique that was performed and the fact that you are only 2 days postop.  Obviously this is just my opinion based on a single photo.  Bruising fades and the small irregularities tend to smooth out. If you feel things are worsening in any way, particularly with tenderness fevers or redness, you should contact your surgeons office as they will know best what your progress should be like and can help you with any issues. Overall, be patient with the appearance of your breasts as they can take a few months to achieve their final contour. 

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Healing after Breast Augmentation

Hi ~ It is hard to tell from the photo with your dressings in place but in general you will see a lot of changes over the first month after surgery. Incisions can have bruising and irregularities that will heal completely over the first several months.