Am I candidate for explant? (Photo)

I just got my breasts done, a Benelli lift plus 375cc implant. I am very depressed and wish I just did the Benelli lift no implant. What would it look like if I took the implant out?? How would my Areola look aince I got it reduced with my implants . Please help

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome.  It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant.  It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look.  Be patient.

You need to give yourself time to heal, and let the swelling subside. Right now, it is too soon to discuss additional surgery. You chose implants because you were unhappy with your size. Please follow all your instructions, and discuss all your concerns with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Am I candidate for explant?

It appears there is more going on than large implants and a lift. I would be concerned about fluid or blood accumulation. I would contact your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible.

Stephen M Davis, MD FACS

Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Two early for ex-plantation of breast implant.

The appearance of your breast almost certainly will improve going forward. In spite of your dissatisfaction I would encourage you to wait until the healing process is substantially complete. At that point time you can discuss your options with your surgeon if you feel X plantation is in your best interests.

Am I candidate for explant?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns. If in the long-term, you remain displeased with the outcome of surgery, removal of breast implants is certainly an option. The areola will likely be smaller than their preoperative status given the areola reduction part of the procedure.

More important, your previously posted photograph demonstrates significant asymmetry along with the bruising; this combination is concerning for the presence of bleeding or hematoma. Again, best to express your concerns directly to your plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Breast Surgery

That does not look like a breast with a 375cc implant. You may have a hematoma. You need to be seen right away by your surgeon. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - Am I candidate for explant?

You may have an urgent situation, requiring surgery to address an impending problem with that breast.  This is not a decision that can be made via this forum and you MUST contact your own plastic surgeon ASAP and send him or her this photo.  You can eventually talk about removing your implants on an elective basis, but that may not be the case right now.  Exactly how serious this is will depend on other factors; whether it's looking better or worse, if you have fever, chills, sweats, drainage, etc.  Either way, it's beyond the scope of this forum.  I'm sorry but I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Implant removal and lift.

Hi and thank you for the question. I'm sorry to hear that you aren't happy with the results. This doesn't happen often, but when it does I always suggest to my patients to wait 6 months before they make any changes. Just like getting used to a new hair style, sometimes it takes a few months before you get comfortable with the change you've made. If you're still unhappy after six months I'm sure your surgeon would be happy to remove the implants and revise the breast lift. If not get a second opinion and learn about your options.  Good luck 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon