Is it normal to get a lump on my hand after getting botox in the forehead eyebrow area? (Photos)

I just had botox put in my forhead and eyebrow area for the first time at 11am my right hand has been aching since mostly my middle knuckle and now 5pm i payed more attention to my hand and i see a lump and my hands vains are way more swollen than my left hand. Is it normal?

Botox and hand pain

Thank you for your question marjadi. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Botox placed in the face should not result in adverse effects on the hands. If my patient who recently had Botox has aching in her hand I would recommend visiting a general physician to evaluate the cause. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Is it normal to get a lump on my hand after getting botox in the forehead eyebrow area?

Botox is a medication injected into target muscles of the face to selectively relax them for fewer/softer wrinkles. 

An injection in the forehead needs to go a very far distance to affect your hand. By the time it reached your hand it would be undetectable. Your hand symptoms are likely a coincidence with your Botox injection. If you have further questions, follow-up with your doctor who performed the injection. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox injection and hand lump

It is unlikely that the Botox injection into your forehead has anything to do with your hand symptoms. That being said, I would discuss your concerns with your injector and possibly your primary care physician. 

See an Expert Injector

I'd suggest seeing the doctor who injected you, but it's not likely that the lump on your hand was a result of the Botox injection in the forehead.

Botox question

It would be highly unusual for the lump in your hand to be related to your Botox injections. Discuss your concerns with your injector. They may want to examine you.

Is it normal to get a lump on my hand after Botox in the forehead?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs. In my opinion the Botox did not contribute to your hand symptoms and I would recommend elevating your right hand and taking antiinflammatories to improve your symptoms.  If your symptoms worsen then see a hand specialist for an in-person examination.  Hope this helps. 

Lump in hands?

Thanks so much for  this question. I do not believe the lump in your hand and the Botox injection are related. Botox and Dysport are safe medications that are FDA approved. Be sure your injector is using genuine product and are certified to perform these injections. Best , Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD