How can I shrink my nose? It's flat & wide (Photo)

Open rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Kind regards

Ethnic rhinoplasty

In general, African American rhinoplasties can be challenging. The skin at the tip is often much thicker and must be "de-fatted" and reshaped by removing excess cartilage, along with making the nares smaller, making the bridge narrower and possibly adding a graft to the dorsum to correct "the scooped out" look often present in AA noses. An in person consultation will offer the best advise possible. A one dimensional photograph is simply not enough to give you sound advise for your specific case. I hope this helps.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Without seeing you in person or better photographs, it is impossible to give you truly accurate advice, but a rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure for changing the shape and appearance of the nose. If this interest you, my best suggestion would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss your options.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

How can I shrink my nose?

A full set of facial photographs with good lighting and are in focus are required to make a determination about what may be needed. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing the bridge, narrowing the tip, and narrowing the nostrils. If the bridge line is very shallow, it can be built up with a cartilaginous graft. For more information  and many examples of rhinoplasty, please see the video and the link below

How can I shrink my nose? It's flat & wide

The appearance of your nose can be improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an examination and discussion about desired outcome. No one ever "needs" a rhinoplasty. It is an elective procedure and only you can determine if your nasal features concern you enough to do something about improving the cosmetic appearance of your nose and whether it would be worthwhile. 

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue.

Robert Singer, MD FACS 

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

How to handle wide tips

Thank you for the question.  The main issue with many noses is a combination of large, weak cartilage and very thick skin.  To get the best result you need to have realistic expectations and be open to cartilage resection and grafting to narrow the nose, yet making it stronger.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD