I have melasma and brown marks and my skin is dry, irritating and sensitive?

Hello Doctor Am from Lahore Pakistan. I have malesma and brown marks on my face and my neck and my skin is so dry, irritating and sensitive and I never applied any cream on my skin. Am so worried for my skin Kindly can you plz plz suggest me which cream is more suitable or best for me??? plz also tell me that cream is available in Pakistan or not???

Kareskin Brightening Kit with Melarase for melasma

Clear and Brilliant laser followed by twice daily application of the Melarase creams contained in the Kareskin Brightening Kit. Make sure to use plenty of Elevase Moisture Booster to hydrate the skin. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

See a Dermatologist for the concentration of cream for you type of melasma. Read more.

Melasma can not be completely cured, however effective treatment are possible. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams. Another laser I use is the Clear and Brilliant in the Permea setting combined with creams.

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help. Melasma treatments should be tailored to each patient.

All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist