Feel rubbery moveable discs behind chest, How much time does it take to recover from gynecomastia & can it come back? (photo)
Doctor Answers 3
What to Expect After Gynecomastia Surgery
Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.
Do I have gynecomastia?
Feeling for "something" is a fool's errand -- fat can feel firm and gland can feel soft in different patients. By definition, however, any excess tissue on a male chest can be considered gynecomastia.
If you have KS (Klinefelter's Syndrome), gynecomastia is a frequent accompaniment. But the diagnosis of KS is only confirmed by genetic testing.
No matter what, the treatment for established gynecomastia -- no matter what the cause -- is surgery.
For further info, visit my website: ww w.gynecomastiasurgery.com It will provide lots of answers to your questions.
Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACSNew York City
The gland has to be remove. usually it will not come back. Recovery is individual, talk to the surgeon.
How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.
How should I choose a surgeon?
Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.
So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.There is no simple solution to your problem.You have a severe case of gynecomastia and for best results you should see an expert in this field.In the long term it is much cheaper.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.