I discontinued taking isotretinoin; should I get back on it?

I discontinued taking isotretinoin after 2 months when my ance got cleared. Its has been 6 months since. But if has gone worse with in the last few weaks again. Should i continue taking isotretinoin?

Accutane dosing

Thank you for your question. Accutane (isotretinoin) dosing is based on an individual's weight, which is 1 mg per kilogram for a minimum of 4 months. In my experience, if a patient does not finish the entire course of Accutane, then recurrence of acne is higher. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist regarding your acne and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.

Accutane dosing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}