Can I take pills to cure gynecomastia?

Will it be possible to give my self gynecomastia on my own I really hate it they take up a part of my life and don't let me live. Any tools techniques or pills I just take?? I'm not going to do it I'm just wondering if it would actually be possible for someone like me that no one understands or helps with their gynecomastia problem..

Candidate for gynecomastia removal surgery

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed.

You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

Can I take pills to reduce or eliminate my gynecomastia?

Gynecomastia can result from taking pills and sometimes if they are stopped it goes away. If it doesn't, it may respond to shots if it is primarily fat. If not, then either liposuction or direct excision would remove it.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Can I take pills to cure gynecomastia?

I am sorry to hear about the problems your chest wall appearance cause. The most reliable/predictable treatment for gynecomastia involves surgery.  It is often best treated with partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area. If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue liposuction surgery may suffice. You may find the attached link, dedicated to gynecomastia concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Correcting Gynecomastia

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

The most common and reliable method to correct gynecomastia, is surgery.There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Can I take pills to cure gynecomastia?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry that your gynecomastia has caused such lifestyle issues.  Though some anti-estrogen pills have been recommended to some patients the standard procedure for improvement is a combination of liposuction and direct glandular removal of the gynecomastia.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for the best treatment recommendation based on your individual appearance.

Gynecomastia Treatment

Thanks for the post. There are some studies that show certain medications can reduce gynecomastia. However, the studies also showed that a good number of the men were not satisfied with the degree their gynecomastia was reduced. Also, the medications have side effects and would require patients to take them for prolonged periods of time.

To this date, there is nothing other than surgery that can permanently, accurately, and predictably treat true gynecomastia.

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD