How should I get rid of and what may be the cause of bags/discoloration under eyes? (Photo)

I think it may be from dehydration and drinking a little too much but I have improved that for last week and still not getting much better. I am Only 32 and feel like it really ages me

Dermal Fillers for Under Eye Darkening

Hi Tina. The concern that you mention looks like it relates to the darkening of the area under the eye shown in the first photo and the groove (nasojugal) that is present between the nose and under eye area.  This concern is best addressed with Restylane injections and you can see many examples at the link below of our Orange County patients like you that have had the procedure.  1 - 2 CC's of Restylane is your best bet and results last 6-12 months.  

Lower eyelid puffiness

In the first photo, it appears you have some protrusion of the lower eyelid fat pads. Often this is hereditary (especially at your young age), but can be exacerbated by diet, environmental factors and certainly by things that can increase inflammation like smoking and alcohol intake. Try to minimize those factors as much as possible. If you still feel like there is protrusion of fat in the lower eyelids, you may be a good candidate for a transconjunctival lower eyelid blepharoplasty, which involves an incision on the inside of the eyelid and removal of some of this fat in a controlled manner. Good luck!

Katherine Zamecki, MD, FACS
Danbury Oculoplastic Surgeon

How should I get rid of and what may be the cause of bags/discoloration under eyes?

You could consider Hydroquinone 4% solution two times a day or another option would be laser skin resurfacing.

Fred Suess, MD

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags Treatment -- Restylane or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

can be hereditary and exacerbated by lifestyle. They can be treated
with lasers, fillers, microneedling/PRP and skin care.Please
see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Lower eyelids

Hello there, you may benefit from having either lower lid fillers vs lower lid surgery.  I would recommend you to see an eyelid specialist who can better determine your best option. Best of luck! Dr Zoumalan

Fraxel® light resurfacing is my got to treatment of choice for under eye area. As this is a very innovative technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

You have under eye bags which is eye socket fat that has come forward with age.  A long term solution to under eye bags (orbital fat prolapse) is lower blepharoplasty, which is best done through inside eyelid (transconjunctival) approach with fat repositioning. (Another option that camouflages the bags but doesn't get rid of them is filler injection.)  See following video and link.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Under eye shadowing and fat bags

Your under eyes demonstrate fat pads that are pushing through and creating a bulge that results in the shadowing effect and groove that you don't like. It is likely that your genetics predisposed you to this at an early age. If you want definitive and permanent correction, you should consider a lower blepharoplasty. Please see examples below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD