I want the most affordable "nose" job I can find. I'm not sure if I need actual rhinoplasty or just a shave of the hump (Photo)

Shave down of hump or full nose job? Or fillers?

How much will a nose job cost?

A nose job can cost anywhere between 2500 to $8K depending on what the patient has and wants to do with his/her nose. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

you are an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty.  Your nasal bridge needs to be shaved down and the bones narrowed.  It really is a complete rhinoplasty that you need.  You should expect the total cost to be around $8000.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Nasal Hump

A non-surgical rhinoplasty will be more economical than a surgical one.  You appear to be a good candidate for either.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can help you achieve the results you seek.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Augmentation Candidate

Dear ritamarie3, You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty and chin augmentation surgery and in the hands of an expert surgeon you should expect a very nice result. Reducing your dorsal hump and narrowing your bridge and adding some projection to your chin will bring better balance to your profile and overall facial aesthetics and help accentuate your other lovely facial features.  During consultation imaging can be performed to show you the proposed changes to your nose and chin taking into consideration your desires as well as your nasal anatomy and skin thickness. Once the desired nose is agreed upon the techniques that will be used to attain the desired result will be discussed. You will also have the opportunity to review hundreds of before and after photographs to ensure the surgeon performs natural looking rhinoplasty procedures. See examples of rhinoplasty procedures in the link below and a combination chin augmentation rhinoplasty in the video above and you can view many of my other videos on my profile and see my special price for realself patients. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

I want the most affordable" nose" job I can find

From the limited to photographs, it appears that the nose has a large dorsal hump, and there's a weak  and recessive chin profile. Consider a chin implant placement to bring the side profile into balance, especially with the nose. The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage must be shaved down in order to remove it. Once the hump has  been removed, osteotomies are required to be placed in the nasal bones to close the open roof created from the hump removal. Shop quality, not price because rhinoplasty is the most difficult procedure to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery. Digital computer imaging can also be accomplished at the time of consultation. For more information and many before-and-after examples of dorsal how removal rhinoplasty/ chin implant placement, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Most Affordable Rhinoplasty

Fillers can camouflage your hump but the size of your nose will be increased if that is acceptable to you. Your hump can be permanently remove with a limited rhinoplasty but ith just profile pictures I cannot be sure that is the best approach for you. You want a balanced natural result. I suggest you submit a full set of pictures of your nose or consult with a rhinoplasty specialist. Cost is always an important consideration but don't make that your only consideration as you decide what to do. A revision of a bad result will cost a lot more.

Surgical or non-surgical rhinoplasty

To address your specific question about "most affordable," you might find that the easiest and least expensive way to improve the appearance of your nose is with an in-office injectable filler placed so as to conceal the hump. For patients looking to try that option, I usually start with a temporary filler such as Juvederm and if the patient likes that result it can later be made permanent with the filler Bellafill (formerly known as Artefill).

--DCP

Pearson Facial Plastic Surgery®

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the photo and from it without an examination you would benefit from a rhinoplasty and possible chin augmentation.  So go on some complimentary consultations with experts in the area who will take your photo digitally and then alter it to show you what can be accomplished.  Then look at photos of similar patients, compare fees and techniques and find your surgeon

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Affordable rhinoplasty

In order of importance I would list my concerns regarding a rhinoplasty as skill and experience of the surgeon, training of the surgeon, surgeon reputation, rapport with surgeon, and finally affordability.  But to address your concern about price, Radiesse filler can be a safe and affordable alternative to correting the hump on the bridge of your nose.  Aslo, if you dont like ti it is not permanenet and can be a good way to see if you would be happy with the surgical result.  Find a good board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your goals and concerns.  Good luck

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon