Gynecomastia surgery. How do I do this?

How to I ask for help to someone I really want to get this surgery but just have 1000 saved up and my parents are kinda of hard headed and will just tell me to run if I ask to let me have surgery or to lend me money I really need help this gyno is hunting me I can't go to the beach this summer because I'm ashamed how do I do this someone please help can somebody help me

Gynecomastia surgery in youth

If you are under 18 the restriction is that you do need your parents permission to obtain the surgery. Regardless, it is best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your case  and determine how long the gynecomastia is present before  exercise to even be considered an option. I recommend putting resources into a consult  before setting aside money for surgery. It is likely that your parents will respond more to the opinions of a doctor  if your concerns are not being heard. Good luck. 

You have to make sure to pick the right surgeon

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia surgery. How do I do this?

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing; based on your previous post, I know that you are a young man having a hard time with the gynecomastia.  As was discussed previously, I think it will be helpful for you to have your parents' support and understanding; I would suggest that you continue with your efforts explaining your concerns to them.

What time is right, I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.
***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Gynecomastia and under age?

Are you underage, meaning younger than 18? If you are, you will have to get your parents' permission prior to surgery. This means that if you wan this surgery, you need to open up to them and share your concerns. They will have to also assist you with this surgery.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Establish the price

The best thing to do is have 3 consultations with ASPS surgeons and get an idea of the actual price.    Once a real price is known begin to plan for jobs that will help you earn the actual dollars needed.   Then go back to the surgeon you were comfortable with and have the surgery.  My Best    ,    Dr Commons