Gynecomastia surgery. What do type of identification do you need for the doctor to be able to give you surgery?

What do type of identification do you need for the doctor to be able to give you surgery what paper work needs to be filled out and also how much is the average price

The Average Price of Gynecomastia Surgery

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs. Most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment.
Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question.  Typically, you are asked to present your driver's license or a government issued photo ID as well as complete paperwork pertaining to your past medical history.  The cost varies dependent on where you live.  I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.  Best of luck to you.

Chad Robbins, MD

Identification for Gynecomatia Surgery

Some offices now ask to make a copy of your driver's license for identification. You will be asked to fill out a form giving your medical history. The cost of the surgery will vary depending on the severity of your gynecomastia, the geographical area you are in and the experience of your surgeon. Be sure to see 2 or 3 Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who specializes in gynecomastia. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Thank you for the question.  You will find that there is no specific identification needed. When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many "variables" involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/ experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider ... are some of the potential available involved.
I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferable speak / see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. you will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different "specializes" who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revision surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Identification for gynecomastia surgery

There is no need for identification if you are over the age of 18 but you will need to see different surgeon and discuss what is involved with scheduling your surgery and the costs.  I would get several different consultations you will understand what is involved with this type of surgery.

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

There is no specific paperwork to be done for gynecomastia surgery UNLESS you expect it to be covered by your insurance. If you want insurance coverage you will need some pretty specific requirements. You can contact your health insurance company directly on that. You can get a consulation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Identification for gynecomastia surgery?

No specific identification is reqiured to do your gynecomastia surgery. You will need a single consultation that can be followed by surgery. Please see examples of gynecomastia surgeries performed below. Pricing is dependent on how much tissue you have and will be provided following a consultation.

Arian Mowlavi, MD