Do I have gynecomastia? Please help (Photo)

I work out well I stopped because it seemed like when I was getting bigger my chest just poped out more on a scale 1-10 hoe bad do you think it it anybody? Does it even look like gynecomastia I noticed this problem since I turned 12 I'm 15 and going to be 16 soon.. I have done some research and i found that if you grab it it should feel like a lump or ball and yes it does feel like that

Determining If You Have Gynecomastia

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

DO I have gynecomastia?

From your photos and your history,I would say that you indeed have Gynecomastia.This condition can be successfully treated with surgery which is performed as an outpatient under general anesthesia.Patients are very happy that they can go shirtless without embarrassment .

Burr von Maur, MD

Do I have gynecomastia?

Thanks for the post and the photos. As a board certified plastic surgeon specializing in gynecomastia, I treat teens with gynecomastia quite often (refer to the link below for more information).
Based on your photos it looks like you have gynecomastia. No need to be ashamed. Gynecomastia is relatively common in teenage males going through puberty. In a majority of teens the gynecomastia gets better in 2 to 3 years. If you have had it longer than that then it likely will not improve without surgery. Before having surgery though, a detailed medical history needs to be obtained to make sure there are no other underlying causes that need to be addressed.
You need to discuss this with your parents and together see board ceritified plastic surgeons who specialize in gynecomastia surgery.

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

I appreciate your question.
It does appear that you have gynecomastia
Given your age, this may be a normal part of development and may go away
There are also medications and drugs (marijuana) that are associated
Its best to be examined and have a set of labs sent to make sure your hormone levels are normal

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

From the photos it does look like you have gynecomastia.  Our office accepts insurance for treatment of this condition, feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation!!

take care,

David S. Rosenberg, MD

Thank you for the photos and question and though an examination is needed you do appear to have Gynecomastia so see some experts in the field with your parents

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynecomastia california

Look like you have gynecomastia.
How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Do I have gynecomastia?

From your photo and description, you do appear to have gynecomastia.  That said, most young men your age do go through a growth spurt of breast tissue during puberty and in many instances this tissue may settle down and regress as you get older.  If it remains bothersome surgery can be an option.  Energy assisted liposuction and/or direct excision of the tissue can be considered.  But from your photos, I would not despair, yours is a relatively minor case.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Do I have gynecomastia? Please help

I am sorry to hear about the physical, and possible psychosocial, problems your chest wall appearance has caused you.  

Although accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination,  I think that it is most likely that you are dealing with gynecomastia. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall).

Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis. In most cases, gynecomastia is treated with resection of the excess breast tissue; peripheral chest liposuction surgery may also be helpful.
My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Do I have gynecomastia?

Based on your history and your photos I am almost certain that you do. The next step is to be evaluated and decide if surgery is for you.  You will have an excellent outcome.

Miguel Delgado, MD