Wondering if pain on incision area is normal after revision with bigger implants is normal? With yellowish discharge (Photo)

Breast augmentation

More details would be necessary to determine what is going on.  The best person to ask early post-op would be your surgeon.

Pain and Drainage after Revision Breast Augmentation

It is best to discuss this with your surgeon, and not speculate on postop discomfort or type of yellow drainage relating to an infection.   You will be returning for your usual followup but if this has occurred between visits, then it is best to contact the surgeon immediately.

Donn Hickman, MD

Wondering if pain on incision area is normal after revision with bigger implants is normal? With yellowish discharge

Thank you for posting your photo and picture.  With your history of pain and yellow discharge from the incision, it is very possible you have an infection.  Contact your plastic surgeon and get in to see them as soon as possible. Best wishes to you.  

Jeanette Padgett, MD, FACS
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Abnormal Healing of Incision

Hello,That is not normal, and the external stitch suggests your surgeon tried to close an open wound after the surgery.  This looks like an infection, which can be a problem for your implant. If your surgeon is not a ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon, you should visit one right away to be treated appropriately. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Wound healing problem

Dear Madam,                                                                                                                                                          Thanks for submitting your pictures, however, it would have been more helpful to post pictures of your whole chest. Be it as it may, there is diffuse redness around the incision with dry secretion , that could be pus. I would urge you to contact your surgeon asap for wound care, in order to avoid the infection from entering into the implants' pockets, which will require removal of the implants.                                                                                        All the best,                                                                                                                                                                                Dr Widder  

Thank you for the question and the photos and drainage of any type is not normal and should be evaluated by your surgeon ASAPDr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Recommendation to See Your Surgeon

I am so sorry to see this occurring on your incision area, and my best recommendation to offer is to visit your plastic surgeon right away to have the incision evaluated in person for infection or other troubles.I wish you the best and hope it heals well very soon.