Breast lift and implants- is it normal to be uneven @3 weeks post op? (photos)

Hi, I'm 42 and had a breast life( lollipop lift )and implants 325cc SFP. I'm a concerned about being uneven at this point. Is this normal @ 3 weeks post opt?

Good work

Your surgeon did an excellent job there, very well planned and meticulously executed, the assymmetry was pre-existant and still has to improve, its correction is not part of ANY mammary surgery, symmetry is not a realistic goal ever.

Enjoy your results and your good choice of surgeon.

Spain Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Breast

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. Patience is one of the most important factors in achieving the best results in cosmetic surgery. We all want to see the final result as early as possible. Unfortunately, the healing process is complicated and takes time. The surest way to get a poor result is to undergo revision surgery before your body is ready for additional surgery.

Breast augmentations take about six months for the swelling to go down and the breasts to settle and assume their final size and shape. When we do a breast enlargement, surgeons try to center the implant behind the nipple. Minor position adjustments can be accomplished to account for the normal asymmetry that most women have. If the breasts are different sizes, saline implants can be adjusted to achieve better symmetry.

Please wait until six months post op and then return to your original surgeon. Minor asymmetry is normal. Too vigorous surgical approaches may result in more expense, more scarring, and new complications.

Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
Its early to talk about final results. 
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Assymetry 3 plus weeks post op

You are still early on in your healing phase so I would give it some more time.Your left breast seems higher.This could be a fluid collection.Give it some time.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants- is it normal to be uneven @3 weeks post op?

congratulations on having your surgery. Your very early at 3 weeks after surgery and I expect that her symmetry will definitely improve over the next 2-3 months.

Considering that preop your left breast was lower I think your surgeon has wisely attempted to improve symmetry by placing nnipple areola is in a symmetrical position.  Based on your preoperative appearance I expect that the left-sided implant will drop lower and become much more symmetrical with the right side.

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.
Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized.
Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.