Should i get breast implants and a nipple reduction?

i'm 18 and have always been really self conscious about my breasts and my large, puffy areolas. Will they change after i have kids and breastfeed? and if so, how will they change ? i'm currently about a 34 B so my breasts are pretty small in size as well. I also have a very large rib cage if that applies to anything ? i'm nervous to post a picture.

Breast Augmentation

Dear bambe:

Thank you for your question. Without photos it is difficult to give a precise answer.  However, here are three potential answers:

1. At your age, a breast augmentation is perfectly reasonable.

2. If your nipples are excessively large, they can be reduced but it may affect future breast feeding and sensation.

3. Having a wide rib cage is not a problem - implants are designed for all chest types. They come in all shapes and sizes.

Always consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Good luck and I hope this helps! 

Photos for advices

Thanks for the question. 

I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need and want.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast shape

Photos would help give better advice but it sounds like you have a tuberous or constricted breast deformity - if you goole that term you may see breasts of a similar shape to yours and you can then get further advice

Interested in breast augmentation and nipple reduction at age 18

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• It is 100% fine to not post a photo -
  • At your age, a breast augmentation is perfectly reasonable.
  • If your nipples are excessively large, they can be reduced but it may affect future breast feeding.
  • These are things to discuss with your surgeon -
  • Having a wide rib cage is not a problem - implants are designed for all chest types.
  • Hope the attached video helps you prepare for your consultation!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Areolas and nipples

Hello,  thank you for your question. Pregnancy and breastfeeding may be a factor in changing the areolas and nipples appearance.   The areolas my become larger and the nipples more projected.  You can have your BA using silicone implants an have areolas reduction as well. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  Without photos, it sounds like you have areola herniation based on your description of "puffy" areolas.  If so, you would likely be a very good candidate for a breast augmentation with circumareolar mastopexy.  To be sure, consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options.  Hope this helps.  Best wishes!

Should you get breast implants?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation.

Breast augmentation

I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a physical examination and take measurements so they can recommend whether you are a good candidate for a breast augmentation/areola reduction and also recommend the best implant type/sizes for your body if you are. There are 3D simulators that can show you what you would look like with different types of implants and different sizes, this can be helpful when trying to decide what size would achieve your cosmetic goals. At my office, I use high profile Sientra implants to create a round full result that looks natural, giving you the result that you want. Additionally, i use Crisalix which is a virtual reality device that will allow you to view different sizes of implants and pick which best suits your desires.  As the only board certified plastic surgeon in Pittsburgh offering this virtual reality imaging system, we have a 100% satisfaction rate.  Crisalix is truly a unique experience for our patients as they can view themselves using virtual reality goggles and can instantly visualize their own breasts changing in size and shape with all of the various brands, sizes and shapes of breast implants.  Thus, our patients leave the consultation feeling confident with the size of the implant they chose. If you are considering having children within the next few years then it may be best to have your surgery after you are done having children.
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Puffy areolas

You may have a condition known as tuberous breasts.  Consider going on an in person consultation if that makes you feel more comfortable.  If you do indeed have tuberous breasts, please make sure that you see a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and can show you multiple before and after pictures of patients who have breasts similar to yours.  A periareolar lift with either fat grafting or a small implant can help improve the appearance of your breasts.  Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breasts

Thank you for your question. It sounds as though you are describing tuberous breast constriction. Characteristics for this can include puffy areolas, constricted breast shape with very little space under the areolas and little to no natural crease. It may be helpful for you to look up photos of this condition online and see if you can relate to some of these characteristics. 

A Plastic Surgeon experienced in this area of correction and breast augmentation would likely recommend a combination of lift, areola reduction and implants. There are a variety of approaches useful depending on your individual consultation. I recommend that you see a board certified Plastic Surgeon in person to discuss further .

All the best