I had a blepharoplasty 4 months ago. Since I had one hard bump removed. Now another bump is growing. What is happening? (Photo)

My doctor said he got all the bump under my eye. A month later he said in time it would be fine. Instead a bump is growing again. Why? How do I get a healthy normal eye back? It's been 4 months of trying to get this eye to be normal. Am losing my confidence in my Dr as he always says to just wait. Can anybody help me understand this? This is the fourth question about this eye. Thank you in advance.

You have compromised lower eyelids after blepharoplasty.

The compromise of the lower eyelids may have nothing to do with the bump.  After lower blepharoplasty, it is possible to have inclusion cysts an other transitory inflammatory reactions.  However, your surgeon should see you and provide care for these.  I personally think the lower eyelids would benefit from revisional surgery.

Lump after blepharoplasty

If this is a lump that comes and goes, you have to worry about a slow growing bacteria or fungus.  A biopsy needs to be done and sent for pathology and culture.  Some of these infections can be hard to diagnose even with cultures.  

You also have an ectropion on this side, where the lid is pulling down and not touching the eye.  This will need to be addressed once you get the lump taken care of.  

Did you have any fat placed into the lid or fillers?  Do you know what type of surgery was done?  It looks like fat was excised.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bump under left lower eyelid

It appears to be a small abscess(infection). I have seen this a couple of times and it usually responds to oral antibiotics(I like doxycycline for this) and then if it doesn't go away I inject them with a combination of steroids and antifibrotics. It also appears that you have ectropians(a pulling away of the lower eyelid from the eye), which can cause redness of the eyelid and worsening of dry eyes. If he doesn't seem comfortable with the situation I would get a second opinion from an oculoplastic specialist in your area. I am sorry you have this but with proper treatment it will go away. 

Byron A. Long, MD
Marietta Oculoplastic Surgeon