Am I a good candidate for a Full TT? How low can be my incision? (photos)

I am active person who loves to lift weights, but no matter what I do my stomach skin doesn't tighten up. I had three pregnancies and I am done with babies. I am young, I weight 118 pound and I would like to have a nice belly when wearing a bikini. Can I have a full tummy tuck with no vertical incision and also a low incision? Also I add a wish picture of the look I would love to achieve. However the girl didn't have a TT but I love her looks

Know your tummy tuck options

The simple answer is that no one can tell you what your best options are without seeing you in person. A ll good tummy tucks should have a low and concealable scar. A mini tummy tuck would not improve the upper abdomen but it is not possible form the photo to tell if there is much laxity of the skin there. With a full tummy tuck and a low scar, the possibility of a T-scar depends a lot on the condition of the upper abdominal skin because it has to be able to stretch enough. Even if you need the T-closure, it is better than a high horizontal scar or a mini that didn't do enough.

Full TT candidate

I believe a full TT without a vertical scar can be achievable in your case. You will be loosing most if not all of your tattoo. Also, (since you're done with pregnancies) I recommend you also have mesh placement to secure a long term flat tummy. The mesh acts as an internal girdle of sorts. I also employ lateral plication of your abdominal muscles to give you a "cinched" waist line. This extra plication ensures a more feminine silhouette without liposuction of the flank area. The incision can be curved right above your mons pubis. 

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a full Tummy Tuck with liposuction to your hips and back.  This will give you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

You can have a tummy tuck

that will help considerably in your contours BUT your dream outcome may not be a reality and if a surgeon promises you that, then get it i writing.  The pitfalls of tummy tucks are the horrendous scars around the belly button and a scar that is too high on the tummy.  Make sure your surgeon can tell you where your scar will be and hold him/her to that promise if you choose based on that.  My patients get a scar 2 inches above the vulva so they can wear bikinis if hey can find a cut that will conceal the scar.  But your excess skin does not appear to be adequate for a full tuck.  So you either will have a vertical scar somewhere above the mons or a slightly lower belly button as in belly button float.  I cannot give you a low scar and no vertical component.  So if someone promises you they can, get it in writing and know what happens if you do not get what you were promised.

Curtis Wong, MD

Am I a good candidate for a Full TT? How low can be my incision?

After having three children most women can benefit substantially from a full tummy tuck to tighten muscles and remove excess skin.  Watch the video above for information about full vs mini tummy tucks and then meet with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon for evaluation and recommendations most suitable for you.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Abdominoplasty

You need a full abdominoplasty to achieve your goals. Don't worry about two things: the length of the incision and whether or not a small vertical incision is necessary, because neither are as conspicuous and unaesthetic as a short or poorly placed horizontal incision.  There is a single, optimal place for the tummy tuck incision, located very low at the thigh-abdominal border laterally, and no more than 3 cm from the labial commissure. In addition to these issues, you should find an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that also de-fats the abdominal flap for optimal contour and circulation, and uses progressive tension sutures to optimize flap tension, obliterate the surgical space, and obviate the need for drains. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

TT

Thank you for the photos and question but an examination is really needed to determine how with the least amount of scarring you might obtain your desired result as with newer technology like RFAL you can tighten skin with no scar at all!

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Most of your skin laxity is in the lower tummy. You do not have enough skin laxity in the upper tummy to redrape your skin down far enough to remove the old belly button hole if you have a full tummy tuck and still keep the incision low. I think it is a mistake to raise the long horizontal scar up high just to avoid the short vertical scar from closure of the belly button hole...it does not heal as well, it is hard to hide, it cuts across the normal curvature of the lower tummy...not a good trade-off. If you want to keep the tummy tuck scar low, where it belongs, your choices would be to have a lower ("mini") tummy tuck to treat the main problem of the lower skin laxity and accept the small amount of skin laxity just above the belly button, or have a full tummy tuck and accept the short vertical scar in the lower tummy.

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question . I differ from some answers I have seen. I would be hesitant to suggest any surgery as you have a very nice figure already.

Your wish look is actually obtainable but I believe your upper abdominal skin is too tight not to have a short vertical component .  Don't let anyone talk you into a full abdominoplasty without a vertical scar. The only way to get that in your case will result in a higher horizontal incision . 

Obviously an examination is needed.

You need to consult with plastic surgeons who's Web sites show before and after photos that you like.

Good luck . 

Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

Adding your photos is very helpful, thanks.  From what can bee seen, it looks like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty.  There would certainly be no need to use a vertical incision.  You need to know that a good protion of your tattoo would be gone with a full tummy tuck.  At your weight (which is excellent) you may also be a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck as well but it is hard to know without seeing you and evaluating just how much extra sin you have.  

Considering you are active and work out, you would be an excellent candidate to have a NO Drain tummy tuck with a rapid recovery protocol as well.  

I have added a video about the rapid recovery tummy tuck for you as well as a link to a mini tummy tuck before and after with a similar body type for you to review.

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon