Do I need labioplasty? (photo)

My labia minora is larger than majora. I feel very embarrassed during sexual intercourse. Here's the photo

Vaginal labia come in all different sizes. There is nothing wrong with your vaginal lips.
If you feel uncomfortable having large protrude rant lips labiaplasty may be an option for you. 
Labiaplasty is a procedure that reduces the size of your vaginal lips. Hooding of the clitoris can also be reduced at this time. My patients tell me that pain is negligble after surgery.
After the surgery patients feel more confident and are pleased with their appearance . This is a relatively  short procedure. I hope you find this helpful.

Only you can best answer your question.

In most instances women seek labioplasty surgery because they have discomfort in addition to not liking the appearance.  If you don't have any irritability and discomfort with tight clothing and underwear then you don't need to have labioplasty surgery.  

Labiaplasty is a very personal procedure. There are numerous anatomical variations in the size and shape of the labia.
If the labia interfere with sex you should consider the emotional, economical and physical aspects of undergoing a surgery on a sensitive sexual appendage. A thorough in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic or Obstetric Surgeon you may help you to decide if it is the right thing for you.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty indication

Labiaplasty is a surgical operation usually done to reduce the size of the labia minora. Many women are self conscious of this area of their anatomy. Sometimes there may be discomfort in this area. This operation should be done by one who is familiar with the anatomy, risks/benefits of the operation. Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon. Together you will review the goals and see if this is a reasonable option for you.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Excellent surgical candidate

I hope you'll see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area because you appear to be a good candidate for the procedure. Labiaplasty patients are usually very happy and rarely have complications. Good luck.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty candidate

From your photo, you appear to be a very good candidate for labiaplasty which will reduce the excess tissue you have. I specialize in labiaplasty and many of my patients complain about similar things before they have surgery. In addition to patients feeling self conscious, many patients also have discomfort or see a bulge in their clothing. I truly feel that this surgery helps improve women's quality of life. Please look on my website for some photos and testimonials about this surgery.

Labiaplasty candidate?

Based upon your photo and concerns, you fit right in with almost every other women that undergoes labiaplasty. Although I still perform every cosmetic procedure from head to toe, labiaplasty patients are my most satisfied group of surgical patients, mainly because of the drastic boost is self-esteem and sense of beauty in their vulva and hence renewed sex life.  Glad to help..

Ryan Stanton, MD

Choosing a labiaplasty surgeon in Los Angeles

Labiaplasty surgery can be an extremely positive procedure for most women. You certainly can choose to undergo the procedure if the labia minora hypertrophy is bothersome to you cosmetically or functionally. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Labiaplasty is your choice and done only for yourself...

but having said that, if you were motivated to 'clean up' the look, you could certainly benefit from the procedure.  But what you have is totally normal and if doubt your partner is as concerned as you are about how it looks down there.  Regardless, if you are doing this for yourself, the appearances can be changed more towards your liking.

Curtis Wong, MD

If your enlarged labia minora cause you embarassment, they can definitely be corrected with a labiaplasty.
Dr. Alter (below) has published articles in the field of cosmetic correction of genitalia and you should see a surgeon familiar with his suggested techniques.