Labia Repair After Giving Birth?

I gave birth 7 mos ago & had 2nd degree laceration &was sutured rght after birth.a few months later i find my labia on right side like loose or falling.off,i thought it was normal so.did not give much attention to it.just few days ago i felt anxious seeing.it that way so i've checked on it surprisingly i find a tear near the clitorial hood. Causing my cright labia looks like falling off. Can it still be repaired?

Options for Reshaping the Labia After Childbearing

A #labiaplasty is a surgical procedure that will reduce and/or reshape the #labia. Labia minora are the inner lips of the vagina that cover the female clitoris and vaginal opening. Women with excessively large labia may experience pain during sexual relations, feel discomfort during normal activities or while wearing tight clothing. Or, the labia may be asymmetric or may #hang below the labia majora (the outer lips of the vagina) which some women find this unattractive. At times the outer labia or labia majora may also be excessively large, uneven, or may be too small which may be corrected with fat injections.

A #candidate for a #Labiaplasty procedure is one concerned about the appearance of her labia or experiences pain and discomfort from large, long or uneven labia; usually of the inner lips or labia minora.
#Non-surgical treatments with #Thermiva radiofrequency can reduce the labia for some patients. However, surgery is the most common treatment. It can usually corrected your concern in less than one hour with the use of a local anaesthetic. Often, many women feel more comfortable and relaxed with a quick twilight or general anaesthetic. Each procedure is customized to the physical findings as well as the desired goals of the patient. There is no one right solution for all patients, but there is a solution for every woman. The outcome of a Labiaplasty is a more youthful appearance, ability to wear all types of clothing without discomfort and/or embarrassment, and a more confident sex life.
All in all, the best candidates for a #labiaplasty are women who experience sexual dysfunction or embarrassment because of the appearance of the labia. The best procedure approach will be discussed in greater detail during your one-on-one consultation.

However, if one is planning on growing their family, it may be best to postpone any of the procedures until after. Certainly there isn't any harm in undergoing vaginal rejuvenation prior to childbirth. Nevertheless, the birthing process(es) may negate some of the results of the rejuvenation, unless a C-section is involved, of course. Therefore, postponing the procedure(s) until after bearing children may be a better decision for some women.

Possible to have this fixed

It may be possible to repair this, however I would have to know more details before determining the most suitable treatment.

Labia Minora Damaged by Childbirth

Sight unseen, it's not possible to determine the extent of the damage nor the extent of any type of repair. Nonetheless, damage to the labia minora and clitoral hood occurs frequently and I've reconstructed many women with similar symptoms. 

Labia Repair After Childbirth

Labia reconstruction is common after traumatic injuries such as childbirth.

This type of injury can be fixed with a small surgical procedure. As you stated time has passed so it is a little different than it would be at the time of the injury but can still be easily accomplished and treated with good results.

It is difficult to talk about your particular situation but in general the injury that you describe can be fixed with excising the healed edges of the torn labia to create a fresh new edge. Once this new edge has been created the labial can be reset to match the contralateral labia.

This procedure can be done under local anesthesia or with sedation depending on the extent of the injury and the individual patient.

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your treatment options.

Labiaplasty and childbirth

It is not uncommon to notice tears after giving birth.  i perform labiaplasty procedures in the cosmetic, medical, and post-traumatic (childbirth) setting. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Labia repair

It is not that unusual to have a tear like the one you are describing.  It can be repaired fairly easily...consult with a plastic surgeon with experience in this area.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty after pregancy related injury

Labiaplasty is a way to reduce and restore symmetry of the labia.  Pregancy can certainly alter the degree of laxity and shape of the labia, especially if there was soft tissue injury during the pregnancy.  I would consider a consulation with a board certified plastic surgeon to help you assess and plan for a corrective surgery.  You are many months after pregnancy and your soft tissue injury should be largely healed by now so it would be a good time for a consulation.  Good luck.

Labia Repair After Birthing Laceration/Tear

All I have is good news, absolutely this can be repaired back (or extremely close) to normal. I have had very good success operating on dozens of women in your shoes.  Glad to help...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD