I wanted to get my ear lobes closed ASAP for a more professional appearance. Is surgery needed? (photos)

Is surgery needed?

Yes, surgery is needed.  There is not a non-surgical treatment to close an ear piercing hole.  The only way to rid yourself the the piercing is get have an earlobe repair.  The procedure can be performed in the office with local.  

Repairing gauged earlobes

If you haven't already, you should leave your earlobe gauges out for at least a few weeks.  This will allow the holes to become smaller, reducing the magnitude of the subsequent earlobe surgery.  Earlobe repair is performed under local anesthesia by removing the skin along the margins of the holes and repairing the hole with stitches.  The stitches are removed 2 weeks later.  There will be a small scar.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Ear Lobe Repair

Thanks for your question!
Your ear lobes can be repaired in 20-30 minutes under local numbing medication.  This involves a couple of quick injections and can be done in your physician's office.
This procedure is very well tolerated and yields fantastic results.  Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon about this!
Best of luck to you!

Ear lobe repair

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure.You may be able to find a doctor who will do this under insurance but i am not aware of any.The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe. You can get your ear re pierced about 6 weeks after and should be included in the pricing. Shop around in your area and see if you can find a plastic surgeon in your budget

The only solution is surgery!!

it will take a plastic surgeon about 20 minutes to do this repair. it is painless and you can return immediately to work.
you can get your ears re-pierced in 6 weeks. 

it is a self pay procedure.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Ear lobe repair

Yes, a surgical procedure is needed to correct this. This procedure should be done by a surgeon who has experience with this type of procedure. This procedure is done in the office under local anesthesia and takes about 20 minutes to complete. Stitches are removed in one week and I give you the option to pierce your ear again after 6 weeks.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear lobe surgery

Yes, Surgery would be best to close the piercing. This would entail removing the scar and bring the skin together. A small incision scar would be the result. This usually heals very well with low complication rate. I recommend a consultation with a plastic surgeon for best results. Best of luck!

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repair necessary

Short answer-Yes

You need the hole excised and sutured- you will be left with a small scar which will fade however likely less noticeable than the hole.

Warm Regards,
Dr Quinton Chivers

Earlobe repair

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon as pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon. Price can range from $400-$800. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #earloberepair

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Ear lobe hole closure

I would only consider a board certified plastic surgeon to perform an ear lobe hole repair, which will take less than 30 minutes to do under local anaesthesia. The outcome will be superb. Good luck.