4 weeks post op breast lift with open wound. Any suggestions? (photos)

I'm 4 weeks post op breast lift (lollipop)with breast augmentation I had a hematoma on my right breast which I had to have a second surgery to drain. After the doctor removed my stitches, a few days later I noticed a part of stitch open I went back to my PS and he said not to worry and to apply bacitracin with iodine on the wound and that it will heal, it's been a whole week and it looks the same, is there something else I can do to close it faster or will it never close?

4 weeks post op open wound

Thank you for your question and photos.  Best to follow up with your surgeon and follow his/her recommendations.  From the appearance of the photograph, I would expect this area to heal and close in time.  Best of luck.

Local wound care

this is completely normal in your case, as explained by othersa superficial skin culture at this point is absolutely NOT indicated-there is not evidence of any wound complications-continue with your surgeon's advice...this wound will heal and most likely not even be any worse, wider, or more noticeable than the other side.
Best

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implatns and wounds

Following breast lift with implant augmentation, it is not uncommon to have small incision line separation; this is because there is a lot of tension on the incision line from having the implant placed underneath. Local wound care AND culturing your incision line is critical in order to guide taking of antibiotics for a short term until incision line heals.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast Lift and Augmentation and Healing

As the wound does appear small and not very deep, I would continue to follow your plastic surgeons recommendations. Given the nature of breast lift combined with breast augmentation, the increase in the pressure on a fresh wound tends to increase these issues.  It may take several weeks for the wound to completely close, during this time continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon.Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Incision

You appear to have a small area of superficial separation in your incision. Please follow your surgeon's advice and keep all your follow up visits. This area will probably heal within 2 to 4 weeks.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

4 weeks post op breast lift with open wound

Thank you for your question and sorry to hear of your trouble.  I explain to all of my patients undergoing the breast lift/augmentation procedure that they are at an increased risk for healing problems because of the additional tension created by the implant.  I know you are probably very anxious for your wound to heal but it usually takes 2-4 weeks for the wound to close.  I simply suggest that you follow your surgeons advice and be patient.  It will heal.  Hope this helps!

Wound

Thank you for the photo and sorry for your problem but an in person examination is really needed to give accurate advice so follow closely with your surgeon or get second in person opinions from experts in your area
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD