I'm 12 days post op from lollipop breast lift with augmentation. (photo)

I developed a hematoma on my right breast and had to go back into surgery the next day to drain. This morning I noticed redness and white pus on my right nipple I'm scared and worried. I apply neosporin daily and cover with dry gauze I'm also on Keflex 500mg four times a day. Thank you

Incision line following breast aug and lift

Lollipop not may favorite lift as it leaves you with extra breast tissue especially over the bottom of your breast; regardless, you should have steri-strips coverging your incisions at this time; I would use Bacitracin instead of Neosporine; and please do not touch those incisions as you can get them infected.

Breast lift with augmentation

Thank you for asking about your breast lift and augmentation.
  • I am sorry you had a hematoma -
  • Naturally you will be worried that you are developing an infection 
  • Your surgeon will share your concerns and only your surgeon can treat you.
  • Please call your surgeon's office, explain the situation and arrange to be seen.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Sorry for your complication but see your surgeon to make certain there is nothing else going on but a  little stitch abcess
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD