Can I fix my nose without another rhinoplasty? (Photos)

I had rhino about 4 years ago and have had some asymmetry ever since. I went back to my original doctor and had juvaderm fillers put in to try and balance it out which helped a bit but I'm still not happy with my results. Is there anything I can do without going back for a revision surgery?

Rhinoplasty Revision

Hello Kayana,

When a patient feels, like you, that they are not satisfied with their rhinoplasty, there are really only three options.  You can try temporary filler injection - gets fairly immediate results without the need for surgery.  Downside is that is does not correct all issues, can be distorted with pressure, and is temporary.  The second option is to decide to leave your nose as it is.  Many people choose this option initially, only to eventually go ahead with option one or three.  The third option, of course, is to undergo a revision (secondary) rhinoplasty.  My suggestion on this third option is to interview a number of surgeons.  Ask about revision experience and get details on how they might try to meet your goals.  Just looking at your photos, it is clear your issue is very complex.  My suggestion to you is that you seriously consider undergoing revision rhinoplasty.

I hope this helps you come to a decision.  All the best to you!

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal asymmetries requiring revision

It looks like your left nasal bone is sitting too far in as well as the left nasal tip having more bulbosity and fullness. You can try and create some element of symmetry with fillers, knowing that it is temporary. The more definitive approach to this is to consider a revision rhinoplasty. This can certainly provide a longer lasting and hopefully more reasonable cosmetic option for you. Best of luck. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

Dear kayana, Thank you for including pictures. I notice some asymmetry on your frontal view with widening of your nasal width on the left side. It is hard to correct this without surgery. Fillers such as juvaderm can add dimension to your nose but can't make it smaller. Without knowing exactly what you desire I would assume you want to correct the left sided asymmetry which will require revision surgery. I would recommend either following up with your previous surgeon or seeing another rhinoplasty surgeon in person and ask to do in office computer morphing so you can best communicate what changes you would like to your nose. You can have a frank discussion with your surgeon on desires and expectations. Best of luck!

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too have a rhinoplasty revision or not, that is the Question?

Hi Kayana,

Thanks for your question and photos. It certainly is up to you. If you are only mildly displeased with your outcome then a semi-permanent filler like Bellafill can be used to correct the irregularities that you are not thrilled with but If your concerns are more than mild then a formal revision rhinoplasty is necessary to correct your asymmetries based on YOUR desires. Please see a rhinoplasty specialist. Good Luck!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

#rhinoplasty   #revisionRhinoplasty        

Carlos Mata, MD, MBA, FACS

Revision Rhinoplasty

I think you would be best served with a revision rhinoplasty to establish a more symmetric bony base, even out the mid third of the nose with cartilage grafts, and minor tip modification. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Revision Rhinoplasty? Yes

Thanks for your post. Unfortunately, further aesthetic refinement and improvement of asymmetry of your nose will require a revision rhinoplasty to achieve what you want. Consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist who performs revision cases on a regular basis. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for sharing your concerns. Since you are not receiving the results you wanted with Juvederm fillers, your best option would be a revision surgery. Please consult with a board-certified surgeon with extensive experience and has performed great results. I wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Revision rhinoplasty: choosing to move forward

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance. 

This surgery is challenging because the results do not appear for many months. Some patients may want to make further changes to their nose. This would require a revision surgery. Depending on the desired change, some revision may be minor, but others may require a major surgery. I recommend consulting with a rhinoplasty surgeon who specializes in revision. She/he can examine your nose, look at your records, and take photographs. Using that information, the surgeon will present treatment options appropriate for your face. I encourage questions and taking your time before moving forward. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for the poor result from prior surgery?

A revision rhinoplasty is the only way to give you really what you would like. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results. 

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. Generally speaking you have 3 options: not doing anything, revision rhinoplasty, and filler non surgical rhinoplasty. I see the asymmetry you are mentioning. Fillers will help and they did. Revision rhinoplasty is an option but one has to be very careful. Although it can give you improvements in certain areas, it may not fix all the asymmetry and it can introduce new asymmetries and irregularities in other areas too. If you can be reasonably happy with the first 2 options, they are preferred and carry less risk. Consider revision rhinoplasty if you're really unhappy and can find a surgeon who feels comfortable making the changes you want. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon