How long after a BBL can I have a mommy makeover? TT & lift

I would like to know what is the amount of time required to wait to do a mommy makeover after a bbl?

Tummy tuck and BBL

Hello and thank you for your question.  In an appropriate patient, these procedures can be performed together in the same surgical setting.  If you have already had a BBL, then I recommend waiting three months.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Thanks for your question. There are no absolute rules here, your PS will want to be sure you are well healed and fully recovered from the first surgery. I often will wait about 3-6 months just to be sure surgery number one requires no adjustments that could be done at surgery number two. Your PS will help to hone in the time frame based upon how you are doing.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover After BBL

There isn't any rule about when to follow one operation with another, so technically you can do this any time you want.  That said, I would recommend giving it a good 6 weeks or so to recover from the first, before taking on the second.

Good Luck!

Thomas P. Sterry, MD

Interval between multiple procedures depends

Hi mrscastaneda.  There is no hard fast time frame as to the appropriate interval between procedures.  If you are healing well & don't have significant medical conditions, your PS may permit you to proceed within days.  Keep in mind that you will have multiple areas to do dressing changes, and other requirements like specific positioning, garments, drains etc. may make recovery more involved.  Healing with only one period of time off of work & your social schedule is definitely an advantage.  Best wishes,

There are no set rules as to timing for a mommy makeover after BBL.   It will be in your best interest to follow your plastic surgeon's recommendations in regards to when to proceed.

Surgical timing

The answer will depend on how you heal from your first surgery.  In general after 3-6 months you can consider undergoing the other procedures that you mentioned.  You could be ready earlier or later than that based on how you do through recovery.  Your surgeon will best be able to advise you.

Camille Cash, MD

Time Between Various Cosmetic Procedures

The time between having electoral #cosmetic surgery after a major surgery depends on the surgery. Its best to consult with the surgeon or specialist you recently had the major surgery with to gain perspective as to when cosmetic surgery can be scheduled. 

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.    
All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation. The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation.

You will usually need 3 months or more before having additional surgery.

How long after a BBL can i have a mommy makeover?

Thank you for your question. These procedures can be done together in the same surgery. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. If you are decided to stage them in separate surgeries, then it normally takes around 3 to 6 months after a BBL when everything has healed to do the next procedures including the tummy tuck. Best is to check with your specific surgeon and he or she will have more close and specific information of your recovery and can advice better on the time needed between these two surgeries. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Dr. Derby Sang

You could combine perfectly all the procedures to do them at same time, but if you already have your procedure done i would recommend you to wait at least 3 months before you have your next done. i suggest you to contact your doctor or seek for a board certified PS and go over your concerns.

best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD