Will my breast implants look bigger? (Photo)

I just had a breast augmentation, I'm 5'4 n about 175lbs. Today will be my 12th day after surgery, I got a 498cc but I think they are too small for my body frame. On the day of my surgery the doctor was the one that made the final decision on my breast implants. I originally wanted a 550

Will my breast implants look bigger?

It's relatively early in the healing process at 12 days after surgery.  Your implants will settle down and have more fullness in the lower part of your breast.  Your breasts will not be larger but may appear that way after the implants settle.  Give yourself plenty of time to heal before thinking of changing your implants.  Best wishes.

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Looking for implants to get bigger

Thank you for your question about your breast implants.

• Your implants are still sitting high -
  • They won't get bigger but they will look more natural and the breast will be fuller once they settle.
  • A 498 cc implant on a 5/4 frame should be large enough
  • Your surgeon may have made the decision, based on how large an implant your chest will accept.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

At 12 days out can you predict my #breastaugmentation size?

Thank you for sharing your breast augmentation photos and question.  You're still in the very early phases of healing and have a ways to go before your final result takes shape.  At this stage it's impossible to say for sure what size you'll be, but your size and shape will continue to change.  It looks like you're healing nicely.  For now continue following your board certified plastic surgeon's post operative orders for healing.  I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best.
Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants

Your implants will likely stretch your skin further and appear to have more projection with time as this occurs.  Best to be patient for now rather than start planning for any further volume.  

Will my breasts look bigger in time?

Dear Cindy

Many thanks for posting your question.

You are only 12-days after surgery, so your breasts have a lot of "settling down" to do. Give it time, and allow your breasts time to change - I am sure you will be very happy!

Will my implants look bigger?

Yes!  Your breast implants will look bigger once the swelling over your breast bone goes down.  Not to worry and enjoy your new look!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Desire for larger implants

You are healing beautifully and the implants are in good position for this stage of healing.  The desire for larger implants is the number one reason for revision of breast augmentation.  Although the implants will not look larger they will drop and fill out the breast in a more pleasing cosmetic way with some time.  Your PS may have been limited buy your brest base width during surgery.  I think you will end up with a very nice result.  If the implants are too small for your desire in the future, the good news is they will allow the tissues to stretch
and in time you will be able to have a larger implant.

Jeremiah Redstone MD    

Jeremiah Redstone, MD

Will my breast implants look bigger?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Your breasts will not get any bigger, but they will change dramatically over the next several months.  At 12 days, the implant is still sitting quite high on your chest and will need a chance to drop around 4-6 weeks after surgery. This will round out the lower portion of your breasts to create a more natural shape and contour.  Your overlying tissues will also stretch to accommodate to your new breast size, and any swelling will resolve.  Its difficult to do, but hang in there and give it a few months time before you decide on how you feel about your current size implants.  

Too early to tell

Thank you for your inquiry and congratulations on your results.

Based on the photos provided in the description of above, it seems you are on the right track to achieve a great recovery. You have to be a little bit more patient and to keep communicating your concerns to your surgeon at all times. Please remain positive. The best of luck to you.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

#BreastAugmentation Results

From your photos, you are too early to judge. As the muscle and tissues relax, you will likely continue to see changes. However, there are often limitations with how much volume can be placed in your body at one time. You would be well served to be patient and make a formal evaluation of your results at 4-6 months after your surgery. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned. Best of luck, Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD