I lost 35lbs & I have 3 kids, I'm still working on my stomach. Any suggestions? (photos)

When I sit down I have extra skin hanging how much would it be? I'm I gonna be hospilsed for how long? Is it full tummy tuck?

Tummy Tuck

Hi and congratulations on the weight loss!  Your photo is a bit limited but it looks like your skin has many stretch marks.  This is proof that your skin does not have adequate elasticity to ‘snap back’ after pregnancy or weight loss.  A full tummy tuck would remove the excess skin.  The stretch marks above the belly button will still be present, but located lower on the abdomen.  You’ll have a flatter, tighter abdomen.  Typically you would go home the same day of surgery.  Prices vary – schedule an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full consultation & they’ll go over pricing with you.  Good luck!Sincerely,Dr. Michelle Spring

Candidate for tummy tuck

a physical examination is needed to determine what type of tummy tuck you need. I place pain pumps at the time of surgery which help alleviate most of the post op pain. No hospitalization is required.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Tummy tuck

Congratulations on the weight loss.  You certainly are an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck.  you can expect the cost to be between $8000 and $10,000.  I actually perform this procedure in  our office surgicenter and you go home later that day. Having the procedure performed in the hospital would be quite costly, so being able to perform it as an outpatient really cuts the cost down significantly.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy Tuck

Hello, thanks so  much for posting your picture and for your inquiry. It seems that you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck. It will help you get rid of the extra skin and most of your stretch marks too. It will also repair your abdominal muscle wall, making your waist smaller. It could be combined with liposuction in waist and flanks if you want to achieve an hourglass shape.  Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Respectfully,
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

I lost 35lbs & I have 3 kids

With only one photo it's difficult to make an accurate assessment.  Would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options, outcomes, and recovery time.
Kenneth B. Hughes, MDBoard Certified Plastic SurgeonLos Angeles, CA

Do you need a tummy tuck

People have all kind of "leftovers" after kids.. extra fat, extra skin, loose fascia. In your case, you seem to have mostly some loose skin and stretch marks. The bad news is that it needs to be excised, and nothing that we currently know of on the market will get rid of stretch marks and loose skin adequately to make your abdomen look great. The good news is that you are a great tummy tuck candidate and these cases usually turn out great, as you have done the heavy lifting yourself. I personally have my patients stay overnight in an aftercare facility. No driving for one week.  No heavy lifting for one month if you have kids, which is often a big issue for moms.

Lisa Cassileth, MD, FACS

When to have a tummy tuck

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. You have done a fantastic job with your weight loss. As you noted, you have extra skin and would benefit from a tummy tuck. Most plastic surgeons do this as an outpatient procedure (meaning you would go home the same day and not require hospitalization). I would recommend scheduling a consult to go over your options with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Cost varies significantly by geographic location and surgeon- best to meet with someone to give you specific advice and figures. Congratulations on your weight loss. Best, Dr. Meghan Nadeau, Seattle WA

Meghan Nadeau, MD

A good candidate for a tummy tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss. Based on your photos, you do appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck to address your skin laxity, stretch marks and muscle stretch from your 3 pregnancies. This procedure can be done in an outpatient facility with ab overnight stay. Best of luck.

Tamir Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy flattening

You appear to be a potentially good candidate for a full tummy tuck after weight loss and childbearing.  This can be confirmed by a face-to-face examination with an ABPS Bd Certified plastic surgeon.  The procedure is usually done as an outpatient but in my office we insist that all full tummy tuck patients spend one night at an aftercare facility.  Discuss this in detail with your selected surgeon.  Best wishes.
Jon A Perlman MD FACS Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 Beverly Hills, Ca  

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Abdominal aesthetics

From your photos and congrats on losing the 35 pounds, you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.