Can Invisalign fix my teeth? (Photo)

I'm a teen and I'm VERY self conscious about my teeth, I still have baby teeth in the back, and I don't want to have too wear braces now and idk what todo!! My teeth are really bad and i just want to feel confident about my teeth

Let's Talk teeth

Dear xbrianaax,

Thank you for posting your question on Real Self.  I will do my best to answer your question with the information provided.  

Invisalign can correct your malocclusion as well as braces.  I recommend visiting an Invisalign treating orthodontist in your area for a consultation.  

I hope this helps and good luck!

Dr. Jenn

Can Invisalign Fix a Large Overjet?

Invisalign is not the best way to fix your teeth. You have what is called a pronounced overjet. This is best fixed with either surgery or by wearing an orthopedic appliance in your mouth for 6-9 months. 

Either way you choose to fix the problem (surgery or appliance) you will still have to wear conventional braces afterwards in order to get the best results. 

What ever you do, DO NOT allow anyone to extract upper teeth as a way to fix your problem, the results of such treatment would be extremely detrimental to your facial aesthetics, the health of your TMJ and the long-term health of your airway.

Good luck!

Invisalign for a better smile

Hi, your photos are not sufficient to suggest what treatment you need. It might be a good idea to see a dentist, have some proper smile and dental photos to evaluate and then get proper treatment advice. You don't have to wear braces if teeth are coming perfect. But if you are conscious about your smile, discuss it. Prevention is better than cure. 

Natwarlal Tibrewal, BDS
Leeds Dentist

Can Invisalign fix my teeth? Very narrow maxilla (upper jaw) DNA Appliance may be a better aproach

You have an extremely narrow upper arch.   Braces and Invisaliggn move teeth but the DNA Appliance will orthopeically grow your maxilla and create a healthy wide smile.

I suggest you investigate correcting your orthpopedic problem which will aslo improve your airway.

DNA Appliance is removable and worn 12-14 hours/ day.  

Ira L Shapira DDS, D,ABDSM, D,AAPM, FICCMO

Can Invisalign Close Gap

I assume that the space between your upper front teeth have a small separation or gap and that is the concern. A personal note here, my mother and two sisters have a space and I think they are beautiful! Lauren Hutton, a super model in the 1970’s had the same space, it was considered her beauty mark! Michael Strahan, former superstar football player and co-host of at Live! With Kelly and Michael, has an ever even larger gap, good looking guy. Be confident and know in your heart that you are beautiful just as you are!

Can Invisalign Fix My Teeth?

It appears from your photo that you would be an excellent candidate for Invisalign.  Your first step would be to schedule an appointment for an evaluation with an office that provides Invisalign treatment.  Once your treatment is completed, your smile will be beautiful and you will have the confidence to smile!