Do I have to consider a nose job ? (photos)

Hi, my doctor said that if i want to enhance my beauty i should consider a nose Job. Is it what i have to do or do you have other suggestions ? Thank you

Enhancing Beauty

Dear Jess177, Some profiles views would be helpful to see if you are a candidate for chin augmentation as well as rhinoplasty. An in office consultation with a few experts aided with digital imaging may be helpful to determine what changes if any you would like. The video above shows you an example of imaging and the link below of rhinoplasty results to give you an idea of how rewarding these procedures can be for young ladies like yourself. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Rhinoplasty

I think that you have to choose what you want to do. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your nose and you can describe what bothers you to surgeon then it might be reasonable. Good luck.

Do I have to Consider a Nose Job?

You may want to consider a rhinoplasty but you don't have to do anything. A full set of nasal pictures as described on my website are necessary for me to make any suggestions.

Thanks for your question.

There are no simple answers so the first thing you need to do is find an experienced board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon who can advise you. It is important that your sense of aesthetics aligns with that of your plastic surgeon's. That being said, from your photos alone, it appears that in the front view (which is the only one you provided, you could potentially benefit from greater width in the lower third of your face which can be accomplished potentially with a chin implant. Your nose has good overall proportions, again from the front view, but could potentially be enhanced and refined with a cosmetic rhinoplasty. 
Consider the fact that your own input is extremely important in making such an important decision, but a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon can help guide you through this process. Best of luck to you, and take your time, do your research. 

Ram Kalus, MD
Mount Pleasant Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a nose job?

Only the patient can answer the question as to whether not they wish to undergo a  nose job procedure. It's a very personal decision.  In addition, a full set of non--shadowed facial photographs are required to make a determination about what can be accomplished with a rhinoplasty procedure, since the nose is a three-dimensional structure. Computer imaging would also be helpful to understand what can be accomplished with the rhinoplasty procedure on your facial features. For more information and many examples of nose jobs, please see the link and the video below

Decision regarding surgery

Hello and thank you for your question.   The most important question is how you feel about your nose.  As a surgeon, we are here to support patients and help them when they desire improvements.  You should never feel pressured to undergo a procedure.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty surgery may be considered if you have severe dissatisfaction with your nasal appearance.

We advise that the purpose of rhinoplasty surgery is to allow the nose to blend in, and become less distracting. The goal is not to transform the centerpiece of your face into a masterpiece.
Many of our patients may complain of a wide or a long nasal appearance, a nasal dorsal hump, or a bulbous, droopy nasal tip. Good candidates for rhinoplasty may be those who have experienced nasal dissatisfaction for many years.
If you're dissatisfied with the appearance of your nose, consider consulting with several rhinoplasty specialists so you could see what may be best for you.
Hope this helps.
Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

I am not sure you require a Rhinoplasty Procedure.  The first thing that I might consider is something as simple as Botox or Dysport or Xeomin for your chin .  This will result in less dimpling and a better contour and can be done in seconds and is very inexpensive    Fillers for your lower face may also be helpful in order to add strength to your mandibular area.

S. Randolph Waldman, MD
Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon