Debating on getting Juvederm or Restylane? (Photo)

I have so many questions I'm debating on getting juvederm or restylane. What's the difference between the two? Which one will last longer? Which one will give me the lips I desire?

Which filler for lips?

Both Juvederm and Restylane are fine choices for lip augmentation. I personally prefer Juvederm.  More importantly is who and how the filler is being injected.  Good luck with your treatment!

Livingston Physician

Juvederm versus Restylane

Hello!,

Thank you so much for sharing your question and your photos. I think restylane and juvederm are both fantastic products and they both have their own qualities that make them suitable for certain lips and not others. Based off of your pictures, I would say that you are definitely going for a very voluminous lip. For this reason, I would choose juvederm for your lip augmentation. I believe that juvederm is a firmer product that gives a bit more volume than restylane. I believe for the look you are going for, regardless of the filler you choose, you will need multiple syringes to reach your goal. At least two, just because going from your lips to very voluminous lips that you shared, takes a good amount of product. I would never inject more than one full syringe at a time though...this causes a great deal of swelling and can be hard to shape the lips with this much product at once. I would suggest going for an in person consult where your lips can be assessed in person as well as felt and examined for the best answer! Take care! 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Which lip filler is best?

Hello Marquez84 and thank you for your question! It really is more important to find someone who has great results with their injections rather thatn the type of filler, which is a secondary concern. Find a board certified physician that you can trust who is experienced in lip injections. Best of luck!

Jordan Rihani, MD
Southlake Otolaryngologist

Lip filler

I use both Restylane and Juvederm for treatment of the lips. Since you are young and are looking for more fullness to your lips I would choose Juvederm.  Both are composed of hyaluronic acid however the Juvederm is softer and holds more water so it is preferred for young patients who are looking for plumping of the lips. I advise that you consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in fillers. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Debating on getting Juvederm or Restylane?

Either one could be used as a lip filler. Most injectors would probably suggest Juvederm for the most volume. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Debating On Getting Juvederm Or Restylane?

Thank you for your excellent question and for sharing your photographs.  Both Juvederm and Restylane are considered hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers.  In general, I prefer to use Juvederm.  Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for lip augmentation with Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to answer all your questions and to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Christian N. Ford, MD
Cohasset Physician

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Both fillers can lead to similar results, my preference is Juvederm as you are looking for a substantial increase in lip volume.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to maximize your results. 

Choosing type of filler for lips not as important as choosing the provider

I wouldn't research much about the type of filler. I'd be more interested in who is doing it. Both of the fillers are similar longevity. I use the Restylane family of products. Other docs prefer the Juvederm set of fillers. In the right hands, the results should be about the same with any filler.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip filler....

Thank you for your question.  To go from the lips you have to the lips you want will require slow gradual filling over many weeks to months.  Whether you use Juvederm or Restylane is immaterial as they are essentially equivalent in safety, efficacy, and longevity.  The more important aspect for you is to find a skilled board certified Dermatologist/PS injector who has experience volumizing lips the way you desire.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Debating On Getting Juvederm or Restylane?

Thank you for your question. Both fillers can give you the same results and have the same longevity. I prefer to use Juvederm as you are looking for a considerable increase in volume. The most important is to find a skilled injector who has experience volumizing lips. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician