Hole in T junction after lift no implant? (Photos)

I just wanted other ps advice my ps does not seemed worried but it looks scary as heck. It's was oct 31st I had the surgery of implant removel and lift no re implant. I don't smoke never did it appears I have a hole the size of a nickel with what looks like new tissue? But I can actually look inside my boob.I don't see any other photos like mine so that's why I'm asking. Any reassurance or opinions Appreciated. I'm putting polysporin around it .it leaks a little yellowish fluid but no smell.

Postop op

It is not unusual to have healing issues at the T junction and it can take some time for the wounds to heal. Keep in contact with your PS as it is important that you don't develop and infection and that there is no underlying reason why it has taken so long to heal.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Post op recovery

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size. I sometimes add fat grafting to the upper pole to give more cleavage if needed or wanted.

Small open areas are common at the T junction. They will heal.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Hole in T junction after lift

It is common to have healing problems in this location as it is a "watershed" area for blood flow. The blood supply is necessarily compromised from the incisions and this in turn compromises healing. In the absence of infection this should eventually heal with little problem other than possibly less than perfect scarring. If the scar were a problem this could be revised in the future. 

Wayne I. Yamahata, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Open wound after a breast lift

Your photographs show a very common situation after mastopexy. This is an area of maximum tension and minimum blood flow. In almost all cases, the wounds will stabilize and close very nicely on their own. The scar is usually very acceptable.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Wound compromise at wound junctions is common

and your wound is typical of such procedures.  And since you don't have implants, you really have little to worry about.  Your wound will heal with TLC and if you have a lot of debris (yellow stuff), your surgeon can clean it up on your post-op visits to help your wound heal faster.  You should always let your surgeon know if you have spreading redness or new concerns.

Curtis Wong, MD

Slow healing at 'T' after a breast lift

This issue is very common and can usually be quickly resolved by removing a deep suture that is causing the problem.  See your surgeon to remedy this wound healing issue.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Wound After Breast Lift

This is the most common place for a break down in the suture line due to inadequate circulation. Rapid healing requires a clean wound bed with no remaining necrotic tissue and frequent dressing changes with saline soaked gauze.  He may not be worried, but he's not helping you heal either. Go back in and insist on wound care. Antibiotic ointment is insufficient. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Wound problem after breast lift surgery

Due to the tension on the breast crease incision, your problem is not at all uncommon.  Nonetheless, close monitoring remains critical to ensure that you will not encounter serious problems.  This is the reason why plastic surgeons require regular check-ups in the first few weeks after surgery. 

As long as you have no fever, there is no tenderness or warm sensation around the incision site, pus, and other signs of infection, there is really nothing to worry about. 

Tarick K. Smiley, MD

Hole in T junction after lift no implant?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast lifting procedure.   These types of delayed healing problems are not uncommonly encountered, especially at the "T junctions" (related to blood supply and tension concerns). These wounds go on to heal through a process of contraction where the tissues heal from the sides towards the center of the wound; this process usually takes several weeks to occur, depending on the size of the wound. Occasionally, removal of unhealthy tissue (debridement) and/or removal of exposed sutures, may expedite the healing process.   

Best wishes;  despite the separation/wound it is most likely that you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure.