Hole in T junction after lift no implant? (Photos)

I just wanted other ps advice my ps does not seemed worried but it looks scary as heck. It's was oct 31st I had the surgery of implant removel and lift no re implant. I don't smoke never did it appears I have a hole the size of a nickel with what looks like new tissue? But I can actually look inside my boob.I don't see any other photos like mine so that's why I'm asking. Any reassurance or opinions Appreciated. I'm putting polysporin around it .it leaks a little yellowish fluid but no smell.

Open wound after a breast lift

Your photographs show a very common situation after mastopexy. This is an area of maximum tension and minimum blood flow. In almost all cases, the wounds will stabilize and close very nicely on their own. The scar is usually very acceptable.

Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Wound compromise at wound junctions is common

and your wound is typical of such procedures.  And since you don't have implants, you really have little to worry about.  Your wound will heal with TLC and if you have a lot of debris (yellow stuff), your surgeon can clean it up on your post-op visits to help your wound heal faster.  You should always let your surgeon know if you have spreading redness or new concerns.

Curtis Wong, MD

Slow healing at 'T' after a breast lift

This issue is very common and can usually be quickly resolved by removing a deep suture that is causing the problem.  See your surgeon to remedy this wound healing issue.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Wound After Breast Lift

This is the most common place for a break down in the suture line due to inadequate circulation. Rapid healing requires a clean wound bed with no remaining necrotic tissue and frequent dressing changes with saline soaked gauze.  He may not be worried, but he's not helping you heal either. Go back in and insist on wound care. Antibiotic ointment is insufficient. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Wound problem after breast lift surgery

Due to the tension on the breast crease incision, your problem is not at all uncommon.  Nonetheless, close monitoring remains critical to ensure that you will not encounter serious problems.  This is the reason why plastic surgeons require regular check-ups in the first few weeks after surgery. 

As long as you have no fever, there is no tenderness or warm sensation around the incision site, pus, and other signs of infection, there is really nothing to worry about. 

Hole in T junction after lift no implant?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast lifting procedure.   These types of delayed healing problems are not uncommonly encountered, especially at the "T junctions" (related to blood supply and tension concerns). These wounds go on to heal through a process of contraction where the tissues heal from the sides towards the center of the wound; this process usually takes several weeks to occur, depending on the size of the wound. Occasionally, removal of unhealthy tissue (debridement) and/or removal of exposed sutures, may expedite the healing process.   

Best wishes;  despite the separation/wound it is most likely that you will be pleased with the longer-term outcome of the procedure.