En bloc qu: If you don't have Cap. Contracture and they're not silicone filled, but you do have breast implant illness? (photo)

I wanted to know from the experts if I have Brest implant illness and have saline over the muscle non ruptured and thin capsules should I have an en bloc or is it ok to have just a Capsulectomy ? I don't know if I'm sick from the silicone shell toxicity or fungus inside the implant? But I want to make sure if it's not possible to do enbloc that a capsulectomy will still give me chances to heel in reguards to the type of implants I have.

Capsulectomy or leave it

I think your question is whether or not it is ok to have a partial capsulectomy vs. en bloc. A complete capsulectomy is the same thing for non-cancer disease. Having not examined you or know your exact history, I do not think a full and complete capsulectomy (en bloc) is necessary and a partial should be just fine. By simply removing the implants,  if you don't have a capsulectomy, you haven't burned any bridges and capsulectomy can be done later. 

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

En bloc breast implant removal...

Thank you for the question.  En bloc breast implant removal refers to a procedure where the breast implant and the surrounding capsule is removed as a single unit.  The procedures is performed such that the  contents within the breast implant capsule do not come into contact with the surrounding tissues. 

The procedure may be indicated when a patient has ruptured silicone gel breast implant, or if the patient has concerns about "medical conditions" related to the breast implants.

"Breast implant illness"

There is no scientific basis for the supposed diagnosis of "breast implant illness"  or "silicone shell toxicity" or "fungus inside the implant" and therefore there is no legitimate "treatment" of it. There is no medical reason to remove the scar tissue layer (capsule) around the implant unless it is demonstrably abnormal or distorting. Unfortunately there are surgeons who will buy into this myth and fear of the patient. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Boulder Plastic Surgeon