I am considering a brazillian butt lift with less than 20% fat.

if you harvest fat from the abdomen and you have little body fat there. will it look grainy? bumpy? he can find enough fat in thighs and flanks for a good result. i am just apprehensive about the abs...i am worried, i have seen more botched photos like tara reed than i would like. seems like the thigh and flank area do very well with the fat harvesting. suggestions?? thank you!

You will have to find a true expert who can liposuction very small individuals and make the fat transfer count.  In some patients, they have 5 liters of fat and a lot of loose skin which requires a tummy tuck.  In some smaller patients who have no skin laxity issues, the result comes down to how much fat can be removed without you looking like you had surgery.  Smoothness is key.
Kenneth Hughes, MDLos Angeles, CA

Brazilian Butt Lift, Butt Augmentation, BBL, Butt Implant

Hi and great question(s). I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure!

Typically, there is not enough fat in just the flanks and thighs for a BBL.  Also, the abdominal liposuction further helps to refine/contour the hour glass.  

Contour irregularities (bumpy, ripples) are a risk of liposuction; but the risk can be reduced using certain procedures/techniques/equipment.  

I hope that helps. I wish you the best of luck!

Fat Harvest

Hello I appreciate your question

20 % of fat is a good number that can allow good results, as to where to harvest the fat it'll be better a personal consultation, that can allow to evaluate where to take the fat from.

A good liposuction done by experts shouldn't leave any deformations or bumped areas.

Best Wishes.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Where to harvest the fat

The classic Brazilian butt left normally involves harvesting fat from the abdomen waist and hips.

Really any area where fat can be harvested is reasonable to have cheated if it will lead to an aesthetic enhancement ed

Liposuction should not cause lumpiness if done correctly.

If someone is not well-versed at this technique or simply not talented they can cause bad problems in any area.

If someone as talented they will not leave you with debts,  divots or problems in any area.

find the right plastic surgeon and everything will fall into place.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Thank you for your question. With 20% fat, I do believe you are a good candidate for a BBL. I would have preferred to see your before pictures although. Best of luck!

Mary Jo Wright, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift / Liposuction/Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture/ Fat Grafting/ High Definition Procedures / Revision BBL

I appreciate your question.

I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring. The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body.   With 20% body fat you are probably a very good candidate for this procedure.  Please repost with pictures so I can better answer your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Depends on how much fat you have and the technique of your surgeon

Hello Dayna and thank you for your question.  It is hard to tell you if you would be a great candidate or not for this procedure without photos.  When you get a chance, please send some photos so that you can be given better advice.  With respect to "botched" liposuction leaving the skin grainy and bumpy, this is strictly technique dependent. The abdomen is actually quite forgiving.  When performing liposuction, it is important to suction more aggressively in the deep fat.  Where people run into trouble is that they use a large cannula in the superficial fat compartment, and this is where the support structures between the skin and deeper tissue lives; when disrupted, it leaves an uneven and "cottage cheese" type appearance.  With 20% body fat, you would probably be an excellent candidate for this procedure.  Please make sure to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in advanced body contouring techniques. I hope this helps!

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD