Should I get hair transplant? Female with large forehead. (photos)

I'm a female but I feel like the shape of my face, especially my forehead because it's quite big and asymmetric, looks very masculine. Would hair transplant be good for me to make my forehead look smaller and more feminine?

Hair transplants vs. hairline lowering to lower a hairline

The discussion of how to lower a hairline can be found in many previous questions asked on this forum.  In short, both hair transplants or a hairline lowering procedure can be used to lower a female hairline.  Many patients combine both procedures to help round off the hairline along with simply lowering it.  Hair transplants can be performed at the same time or at a later date to round off the hairline in an effort to demasculinize it. 

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hair Transplants to Lower High Female Hairline

Hair transplants can be done to lower a high hairline but I prefer the Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Incision procedure that we described many years ago in which we lower the existing hairline to improve facial proportions with hair of normal uniform density giving the patient total freedom of hair styling. Consult with a surgeon who uses all techniques so you can make an educated decsion about what works best for you.

Two options for hairline advancement

There are generally two options for lowering your hairline, hair grafts and surgical hairline advancement.  For most women the best option is surgical hairline advancement.  This allows the whole hairline with it's natural density and hair orientation to be lowered in one sitting.  In patients with light skin the scar heals very well and is generally invisible within a few months after hairs grow through it.  In most men we recommend hair transplants because if they continue to loose hair it will expose a hairline advancement scar and make it very obvious.  

Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Hairline lowering hair transplant

Kyburz is one small town that is surrounded by forests. Sounds very enchanting. Hairline lowering procedures work very well and are one of two types of techniques used for lowering the hairline in women (see video below). My wife had a similar problem as did my daughter-in-law and both had hairline lowering procedures with hair transplants. An examination is critical as some women have higher hairlines because of an autoimmune disease however, a good examination can rule this out. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Masculine,high hairline

For many years I have treated this condition with a one orvtwo stage operation that lowers the hairline and shortens the forehead by surgically advancing the scalp and hairline downward. This can give the quickest and most dense results. Hair transplants are an alternative.  

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon