Would lip injections work for me? (Photo)

I really hate my lips especially my top one it's almost not even there and sometimes it looks smaller than that. What kind of injections would best be fit for me? What's the price?

Would lip injections work for me?

Any of the hyaluronic acid fillers, Restylane®, Perlane®, Juvederm® area great for filling and/or simply shaping the lips so they look better

Miami Dermatologist

HA fillers work well to plump smaller lips

Hyaluronic acid lip fillers generally work very well to plump up small lips. At my practice, we usually use Juvederm Ultra, Restylane or Restylane Silk for lip augmentation with great results. Prices vary depending on the individual case; I recommend visiting a board-certified expert injector for an in-person consultation, during which you can discuss your concerns as well as price. Some syringes come in half-syringe quantities, which may be enough if you only desire treatment for the upper lip. Prices range from $400 to $650 per syringe.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation

From the photos you appear to be a great candidate for lip fillers.  The choice of lip fillers depends on how full you would like them and your own anatomy.  Be certain to consult a board certified dermatologist with expertise in facial injections for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Lip augmentation

You are an appropriate candidate for lip augmentation. Typically hyaluronic acid fillers are used and newer subtypes can accomplish very natural, long-lasting and safe results. Juvederm family of fillers is often the right choice for this location, but remember that the skill of your physician is far more important the the actual brand of the filler! If used properly you can accomplish a very nice natural augmentation without looking like your lip has been done which is typically what our patients desire. 

Andrei Metelitsa, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip fillers

Hi,

You would do very well with Hyaluronic Acid fillers for volumizing the upper lip in proportion to the lower lip. It is good to go with smaller volumes and then see if you want more enhancement. Also, your doctor could also 'show' you how it is likely to look, with a trial with saline.

Good Luck!

Renita (Lourdhurajan) Rajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Would lip injections work for me?

Lip augmentation can be accomplished nicely with fillers. There are circumstances where one may wish to proceed slowly, that is have a small amount placed initially and then build up upon that. It is a very common procedure and can help most of those with smaller upper lips.

Lip augmentation

Thank you for your question.  You would benefit from fillers to add volume to your lips.  You could create a better proportion between your upper and lower lip.  Your lip shape/anatomy will allow you to increase the red show of the central 2/3 of the upper lip, but adding volume to the lateral 1/3 will not be successful in doing the same thing.  Keeping this limitation in mind, you would likely have a very nice result.  Consult with a facial specialist in your area who can give you a detailed exam and make suggestions based on your individual anatomy.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would lip injections work for me?

The use of a dermal filler such as Juvederm can significantly improve the balance and volume in your lips. The price for a single 1 ml syringe will vary from office to office. You could call your local plastic surgeons to find out more information. Thank you for sharing your photo and questions. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD

Lips

I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing your options with Juvederm. Juvederm, a filler, is used a lot to safely give volume to lips. The prices vary around the country.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Loving your lips

There are a lot things that go into lip anatomy and how to make it better.  I've written articles about it, book chapters, and will be teaching a course on it for the 15th time in two weeks at the national plastic surgery meeting in Boston.  You look young in the photo - none of the things you'd see with older lips (wrinkles, drooping, etc) are present.  The ratio of upper to lower lip show should ideally be around 1:1.6 (i.e. if you measure the upper lip vermilion or pink at it largest point and multiply that number by 1.6, you should get measurement of the lower lip vermilion at its largest point).  Your seems to be about that.  Your anatomy is actually quite beautiful.  Injecting it will make you seem a bit "ducky" and I wouldn't recommend it. (Having said that, you could mimic the effect of an injection by going to a local plastic surgeon and having them inject local anesthetic into your upper lip - thus simulating for an hour or so what filler would look like.  You could even have Juvederm or Restylane injected and, if you hated it, have melted with an enzyme later).
What I do notice about your upper lip is that "lateral swoop" or hooding that leave the vermilion a little deficient in that area.  I have done a procedure called a "vermilion rollout" for your anatomy in the past with good success.  It's a little unusual, so have your local surgeon call me and i will walk him through it.
Best regards,
Rob Sigal, MD

Robert K. Sigal, MD
Reston Plastic Surgeon