Waist sculpting

Recently I have been thinking of getting a more defined waist my waist is somehow defined but I want to define it more or in other words have a smaller waist. Some Clinics are advertising some kind of injections that makes your waist smaller and I think it's called waist sculpting to be honest I haven't been to the clinic yet to ask about it but I'm going to on Saturday. Therefor, I thought of gathering information so I can know what to ask about when I go.

Waist sculpting

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Dr Derby

I am sure that the best and long term results you will be able to achieve with a liposuction in the waist area. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Waist Liposculpture

Do not under injections to reduce fat. The best and most effective approach is actual fat removal using tiny cannulas. I perform many of these procedures each week and know that this is one area with a very high satisfaction rate. Consult w a plastic surgeon who has lots of before and after photos. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Liposculpture

Hello, and thank you for this question. There are many options for body contouring but liposuction will consistently provide the best long-term results when done by a qualified practitioner. I would recommend you seek out a qualified board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss all of your options. For the past 10 years we have utilized vaser liposuction and found excellent results with that.

Hello

Hello, to be honest with you, im highly sceptical when it comes to injecting substances for fat reduction. I would recommend to see a plastic surgeon and talk about liposuction. Best wishes.

Luis Tactuk Simo, MD

Liposuction and a smaller waist

Don't waste your money on injections and superficial treatments that do little and possibly nothing.  Liposuction is the answer and I prefer Vaser liposuction for the best contour and skin adaptation.   Hope this helps.  My Best,  Dr C

Waist sculpting

Waist sculpting can be achieved with liposuction. Other, non-invasive technique, can also result in some waist reduction but their results are not as predictable as liposuction and almost never as impresive as liposuction.
Many liposuction doctors such as I, use both liposuction as well as non-invasive techniques including UltraShape, BodyFx (formally known as TiteFx) and Fractora Firm treatments. In any case, I recommend that you haver a thorough consultation and assessment prior to proceeding with any of these treatments.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Better Waist Definition

The concept of better waist definition is described by what is called the "hourglass", which is a ration of measurements between the hips and the waist (Narrowest part of the torso).  &0% has been described as the ideal, meaning that the waist circumference is 70% of the hip circumference.  There are two ways to achieve this ration:  (1) Narrow the waist via liposuction/liposculpture, and/or (2) Widen the circumference of the hips via fat grafting.  This has been commonly referred to as the Brazilian Butt Lift.