I got tattoo removal treatment a year ago. It's getting worse day by day (Photo)

I got tattoo removal treatment before a year and it is getting worse. I got hypertrophic scar on several areas doctor gave me ILS with inj. Tricort 10mg/ml, diluted with inj. Lox 2% on 11th march and second on 12th April but after that my skin is getting thinner day by day.

Tattoo removal scarring

The scarring is most likely the result of intraregional steroid injection (ILS). The scarring can be treated and successfully fixed using laser treatments. There are different treatments that can be used to resurface your skin. You should make an appointment for personal consultation to prevent further thinning of your skin. Best of luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Skin scarring after tattoo removal

The steroid injection can thin the skin and I would avoid further steroid injections, Laser resurfacing can help both the scarring and the tattoo. Some pico lasers have a resurfacing head and could be used safely with this as well. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD